Hi All!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi All!

Post by Connie on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Making my quarterly check in... Razz I know... shame on me! But guess what? I'm not here to complain, vent or whine!

Life is still nutso that never changes. Daughter and grandson are back here living with us again.. I'm trying very hard to be positive with her and let the past be the past and move forward.. not always easy.

Second grandbaby (eldest daughter) is due on Christmas day.. VERY excited about that..

Losing my part time job in a few weeks.. they have sold the golf course so no guaranteed jobs and not even sure if the sale is final yet.. even if it isn't final, it will be mostly closed come Nov 1st. I have a feeling it will be nearly impossible to find another job that lets me work one day a week, pays six to eight hundred a month and understands that I don't show up when it snows.... Razz

Sooo hoping to either increase my online income or find SOMETHING to remedy the solution...

So that's my life right now... Ohhh yeah... with Chelles help and guidance, I have been smoke free for a month now and am feeling great!

What is everyone else up to?
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi All!

Post by Connie on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Just noticed I am "remedying the SOLUTION"... obviously meant "problem"... yikes
Connie

Back to top Go down

Post by tara on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:57 am

Great to see you Connie! Sorry about the job... sounds like one of a kind, lol. Congrats on the smoking and the new grandbaby! And good luck with your daughter, sending prayers for patience your way : )

tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Prayers and patience are always welcome! Thank you Tara Wink
Connie

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Hey Connie!! That was some job you have/had! Good for you for quitting the smoking! One day you'll have to tell me how you did it! I had quit for a month and a half using the blu e-cigarette,but them my brother bought me a pack and there that went.I will start again though. I'm happy for you and your daughter on the new baby coming! that's awesome!
Good to see you here again!!
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Y'all can beat me up or tell me I'm full of bull sh*t... but I don't think using the smokeless electronic cigs (or whatever they're called) consitutes 'not smoking'.... People, you're still smoking....just without smoke... still doing the nicotine (even though they say there are not bad ingriedients) ..

As an ex smoker for too many years, trying all things, including hyponisis which didn't work) it was a patch and Zyban that did it for me, after 31 years being a smoker. I'm 13 years clean.

The only way a person can quit.... and believe me, I know, is when you TRULY want to quit... not for others, but for yourself. And smokeless cigs are not going to do it...

I can take the arrows.. I'm tough skined... bring em on... and good luck to you who are at least admitting you need help.

\
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Yeap there's nicotne,but no tar,smoke or ash,and none of the chemicals that make the cigarettes addictive though,so they're harmless! The first 3-4 days I was puffing like a maniac because I was coming off a really strong addiction!After that it was cake.I would have it with me all day,but I only took maybe 10 puffs/day I think because of the oral fixation mostly.I have recommended it to my brother and a friend of mine who bought them and my friend couldn't thank me enough because he was struggling quitting cold turkey.
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm sorry friends,but still don't think it's "quittiing" just proving one thing for another.... But hey, I"m glad y'all wan to quit.. it took me alot of years of trying... but, I still think you have to give up tha habit... and I tend to think the e-cigs are just a substitute....ie pretend smoking, so have you really given up smoking?

This is the last time I will comment, because I don't want do make enemies... I've pretty much said it all. Good luck to you all, and may you one day realize you don't need the placebo....
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 pm

We don't make enemies here Connie,we sometimes agree to disagree on topics that's all Very Happy
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:44 am

The Ecig made me want to smoke more, so I gave it up

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:00 am

agaphmou wrote:We don't make enemies here Connie,we sometimes agree to disagree on topics that's all Very Happy

thank you Athena... I totally agree... we all have our own opinions which all don't agree with... and I honeslty don't mean to make anyone angry.... I applaude you for making any attempt in quitting smoking...

Hardly a week goes by, even after 13 years, that there isn't a time when I think "gosh I could use a smoke" but when I go to Walmart of Sunday's and the Migrant workers are standing out front of the doors puffing away while their ladies are inside shopping, I remember why I quit~

bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:56 am

edbson wrote:The Ecig made me want to smoke more, so I gave it up

Was that longer than the first few days Erin?
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:21 am

I've never been a smoker, but have been considering it as a form of weight control recently. Like you said, it's an oral fixation thing. Just kidding (sort of!), but yeah, I'm not sure how you can say you quit when you're still smoking and putting money into buying the stuff. I always thought that nicotine IS the addictive substance in cigarettes. So you're still addicted but getting the nicotine in a form that's less irritating to those around you because it releases a water vapor instead of all the smoke.

I wonder if the tobacco companies are also manufacturing the smokeless stuff...like they're getting you one way or another. I don't care enough one way or the other to google it.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:12 pm

One pack of cartridges= one carton and about 10 dollars vs over 100 dollars for cigarettes Lori. I'm sure the cig companies are way against the ecigs
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Lori wrote:I've never been a smoker, but have been considering it as a form of weight control recently. Like you said, it's an oral fixation thing. Just kidding (sort of!), but yeah, I'm not sure how you can say you quit when you're still smoking and putting money into buying the stuff. I always thought that nicotine IS the addictive substance in cigarettes. So you're still addicted but getting the nicotine in a form that's less irritating to those around you because it releases a water vapor instead of all the smoke.

I wonder if the tobacco companies are also manufacturing the smokeless stuff...like they're getting you one way or another. I don't care enough one way or the other to google it.

*Like*
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:46 am

Lori, I just went through a big weight loss campaign again this year, so I know all of the pitfalls and problems of losing. Never considered smoking as a substitute though, since I hate the smell of the smoke plus I never wanted to trade one bad habit for another.

But I can recommend highly the iPhone/iPod app LoseIt! for helping with my weight loss. If you don't have one of those toys, no problem, because they also have a website (loseit.com) that is free to join and use. Same stuff, just not as convenient to use as a hand-held device on the go.

It doesn't tell you what to eat or anything, but as I usually tell people, "It keeps me honest" since I have to enter how much and what of I *do* choose to eat. You can customize it and configure the loss rate to whatever you're comfortable with. It also helps track exercise calories burned.

It still is no picnic to diet, but with LoseIt!'s help, I hope to KEEP it off this time since it also has a maintenance mode. It took me seven months to lose just over 30 pounds and I don't wanna see it come back any time soon!

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

View user profile http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Wow! Congrats Nyssa!
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Nyssa wrote:
But I can recommend highly the iPhone/iPod app LoseIt! for helping with my weight loss. If you don't have one of those toys, no problem, because they also have a website (loseit.com) that is free to join and use. Same stuff, just not as convenient to use as a hand-held device on the go.

Nyssa - thanks for the reminder about this app. I just got an iphone a week ago and have been meaning to go dig up our old thread about apps. I'm downloading LoseIt now!

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm

agaphmou wrote:
edbson wrote:The Ecig made me want to smoke more, so I gave it up

Was that longer than the first few days Erin?

Yes, after 4 weeks I gave up....

And WOW, cigs are insanely expensive there. I go to louisiana twice a month and buy them, 4 cartons for $83.62...

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down