What else?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What else?

Post by Lori on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:22 pm

1. My husband is leaving town for a week and my oven is broken.
2. I can't post anything on Facebook! I can't comment or post a new status. I feel so invisible!
3. I got a call from Grandma's nursing home. She's sick and on antibiotics. Her xray didn't show pneumonia, though.

It's just one of those days. DS is coming home for the weekend tomorrow and I wanted to bake some good stuff up for him.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What else?

Post by edbson on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Hope she gets better soon, and the other will get fixed soon too!

I have been to 2 funeral this week, and another tomorrow. We are having an ice storm....supposedly.

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:44 pm

well in the 'ice storm' BR fell downa flight of metal stairs and pulled his finger off-

HE went back to work sorta today- light duty, and for not much pay- he was already getting less than half his regular pay on workmans comp- I just pray the company gives him a little more- 19 days since his accident- and truthfully he shouldnt be back at work so soon, but he had to- and they promised he wouldnt have to use his hand- they invented a job for him. since everything in the company is actual manual labor. HE cant even drive his 18 wheeler.

ITs amazing, you can loose an entire finger for life AND your paycheck for a month- and no one cares.

the worst Member of Group A
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 pm

you do... and I agree it sucks... hope he did well (at least okay) on his first day back... but don't forget to tell him when he comes home how much you really appreciated him being around to talk with (is he back locally since he can drive and can come every night?)
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcakes_n_starrs on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Omg! Pulled his finger off!!! That's horrible! Well at least his work made up a job for him. Some company's wouldn't even do that! I'll send some good vibes your way so maybe things will get better!

Cupcakes_n_starrs
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Chelle..its a long process(takes some fighting), but eventually he should get a disability settlement and that will more than make up for the lost wages for a month.
my family has been through the process twice...my brother cut his fingers(were still hanging on) with a skilsaw at work and a few years later my dad shattered his heel after falling down a elevator shaft(seriously who needs one in a house?) at work.
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 am

he isnt driving a truck yet- Right now he is just riding around with one of the bosses, checking loads and looking at oil wells. HE cant drive yet- and they are ready to get him back in a truck- They are not pushing him, but they are needing him. LOL he pulled a thousand or so barrells of oil a day-

Jessica, his 'disability and dismemberment' insurance only covers if you loose an entire hand or foot, and only 2500.00 at that. LOL

plus in Texas, as long as your employer carries workmans comp, you can not sue them. IT will all be okay- we were lucky in the fact that we were saving money up to put a metal roof on the house, so we had a little in the bank.

THanks cupcakes and stars, Smile yes, it was his pinky- but things could have been much worse- Lord knows a 25ft fall could have killed him, or paralized him.

I know its all part of Gods Plan, and there is a reason for it- I am just waiting to see what it is Smile

chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:07 am

Chelle, I was able to read your posts on FB about BR's fall. How did he lose his finger? Try not to be too graphic. Just wondering if it got crushed to the point where it couldn't be saved or if he physically had it torn off. OK, it'll be graphic no matter what, I guess.

The 'disability and dismemberment' clauses are ridiculous. Did they decide the values on the various body parts in 1776 or something??

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2BzzOrNot2Bzz on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 am

Hugs!! Lori, your week will get better! I know it will! Just think...it's almost Spring!!!

2BzzOrNot2Bzz

Number of posts : 567
Honeycomb : Doomed in Level 6...
Registration date : 2008-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 am

Hope everyone's luck is turning around! I can't believe the comp laws you have down there. Hopefully BR is back to driving soon.

Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

View user profile http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 pm

LOL Lori- Honestly, I dont know whats too graphic or whats not- Here its just all a big joke-

THe Dr's gave him the part of the bone they had to remove, its in a jar, and a day or so after he lost it he complained that it felt like it was asleep- So I reached to the counter and got the bone and gave it to him- and told him "it looks like its resting quite well"
He looked at me kinda funny and then shook it up and down and said "damn, that doesnt work" -

He was 25 ft up the side of an oilwell- its a big tank, and the stairs are metal- he has to drop a line into the tank to see how much oil is in there- he had finished that, and was fixing to walk down the metal stairs, he had one foot planted and as he went to step the planted foot went out from under him.

at the time we assumed he lost his finger at the top, in the handrail- its a peice of angle iron, and we fiqure it just got stuck-and he kept going-
he bounced down all the stairs on his hip and side-
NOTHING else was broken. Talk about a blessing- and It didnt bleed much, because it was well below freezing outside- He actually made the phone call to his dispatcher and asked him to come and get him- When we were talking to the dispatcher later he said "I thought you were calling for more oil, you said "Hey david, I need a favor ' and you werent screaming or anything" LOL

after he called David, he called me-
Me "hey babe whats up?"
Him "you might wanna call Scooter and Shelly and tell them we aint gonna make it to the hog killin- I had a little accident out here on this well cut ...... (off or up) my finger pretty good"
Me "oh no! did you cut it, or cut it OFF?"
Him "Off I thnk, I am not looking at it again to find out though"
ME "okay, do I need to come and get you or just meet you at the ER?"
him "David is sending Kevin to get me, just meet me at the ER, I gotta go, Kevin is calling for directions"
Me "okay babe, I will text scooter, and meet you there with your insurance info, Love ya- "

He was calm and never went into shock- so it hurt pretty bad- BUT not as bad as it could have- because it was soooooo cold-

I dropped the kids at my grandfathers and went to the hosp- I beat him there- BUT, was having to take off my snowsuit (it was freakin FREEZING and I had been at the barn when he called!) and mud boots- luckily I had remembered to back up the driveway and send a kid in to grab my boots- LOL

ANyway, as I was getting out of the truck he was dropped off at the ER door, and was already joking with the nurses when I walked in. in about 10 minutes they had deadened his hand, and he was painfree Smile

okay- now look at your finger- the part that was pulled off was from the tip to the first knuckle- plus some skin and meat from the second section, but the second bone was still there- just the tip bone and such was missing-

THE Dr said that if we were in a bigger place, they might try to discuss putting the finger back on- IF he had it, BUT, not in Jasper- LOL the decision was made to remove the second bone, and the second joint- so there was enough skin leeft over to close up the finger-

his pinky extends to just a little bit above where your wedding ring sits on your ring finger-

NOW, back to the well- he went there yesterday- 21 days after it happened. his brother has went to that well 3 times, and actually checked the railing from the top to about the middle - he never found it- we fiqured crows got it. or fireants. well BR is riding around checking the oil wells wtih the dispatcher, its his 'light duty' - and they went to this well- And the guy was looking around, and right there at about eye level, his finger tip was still on the railing. ROFLMAO!

The dispatcher took pictures of it and sent it to the boss and said "I found a finger on this well, do you know who's it might be??" The boss freaked out- he didnt know if he should laugh or cry- THEN they told the boss that BR was actually standing there, I dont think he was amused. LOL

since it was so close to the bottom, we fiqure that he was grasping for anything so he could get stopped, the whole way down he was worried about breaking a leg, and there is a gate at the bottom of the stairs so he was trying to slow down his decent before he hit it full force. He never even knew when it actually got pulled off- just when he was checking to make sure nothing was broken he saw the finger- or lack there of.... LOL

SOrry if its too graphic for y'all- I guess we are just so thankful that he didnt break his neck that this is just a minor inconvience to us. Plus, I watched them cut it out, saw it before they cleaned it up, and doctored it from the get go- as a matter of fact, I would clean it up and rewrap it everytime he went to the 'workmans comp' dr- He wasnt very good at it. LOL Heck, I even took pictures in the ER with my cell phone. LOL

Plus, my father in law got 3 fingers, and the tip of his pinky cut off when he was 19- and quite a few of our friends lost fingers or thumbs in the oil fields or cowboying, so its not abnormal around here- . Smile

chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:23 pm

oh and HIS desmember insurance is awful- we didnt realize it was so bad- we were used to the states life insurance- 250K life and high dismemberment- His with this company is 25K life- LOL I plan to up that as soon as he is normal again-

Workers comp is good and bad- THey kicked in on his 7th day of no work- BUT, max at 766. a week. not near what he makes- LOL but they are paying for ALL meds, and havent said a thing about the medical bills- Plus, they said they would give him lifetime medical on that finger- incase he has to have whats left removed, or there is nerve or tendon damage- I just pray they are telling the truth about that Smile

chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I wonder if a forensics team could even figure out how that finger ended up at eye level. I would have expected it to be at the top, too! If must have become wedged somewhere and his body weight pulled it off. Dang!

Good thing it was cold, it really does dull your sense of touch. Although when it comes back again - watch out! My guess is half was the cold and half was adrenaline from the fall he took. Oh, and a big shot of He-Man!

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:17 pm

WOW... first reading of the details... WOW is all I can say. On the bright side, can't think of much we use our pinkie finger for, except to curtail an itch in our ear (well at least me)...

He'll be back driving at no time Chelle!
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:51 pm

yeah- in the hospital the Dr adn nurses were trying to find the bright side- BR said "well, I guess I can pick my nose with the other hand"

Like I said, he is pretty good about it- today he walked in from work, he was talking on the phone, and he set his stuff down where he always does. Well, that is where the ziplock was this morning when he left-

He got off the phone and the first thing he said was "where is my finger?"
I had put it in our room, so it didnt get fed to a fish, or something-
I todl him "hell, I dont know, and I am tired of having to keep up with your missing body parts"

He said "honestly, its missing again" I told him I put it up- He said "up for safe keeping, like you put everything else that you loose? It took me 21 days to find it last time, I'd just as soon not loose it again"

I am notorious for loosing things I put 'up' LOL

chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:20 pm

MIne brought home a stinking nasty baby owl

Just pee on it and walk away