What's everyone up to??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's everyone up to??

Post by KellyM on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Plastered, sanded, primered and painted all weekend.. I still have quite a bit of painting to do, but it's coming along. I'd say I have it close to half done. I just need to push myself to do insane amounts of painting and let everything else go in the process( not JJ's homeschooling though, that I can't skip) , until the painting is done. If I keep going the way I've been going maybe I'll get it completely done in 3 days (not really counting most of tomorrow because I have to babysit). I LOVE the color I chose though. It's a Valspar color called Sand, so it's a medium tan further on the gold side..it looks great with the color of the wood floors and warms the room right up. I was never so glad to see that stenciling gone. THe room isn't completely painted yet, but all of the stenciling has been sanded and primered. I'll take pics and post when the painting is done. If i can find them, I'll post BEFOREs and AFTERs.
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's everyone up to??

Post by edbson on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 pm

We spent the day cleaning, decluttering and waxing floors. I have an appraiser coming tomorrow, and once that is done I am doing nothing for a week!

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Nothing Very Happy but tomorrow will head to the attic to gather some Christmas decorations and begin the process. Trying hard to get into the spirt of the upcoming holiday....and need all the held I can gather.
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Trying to recover from my horrible week at my parents.... Went to KC for what was supposed to be a great week, but my grandpa got put in the hospital on Tuesday, and by Thursday we were kissing him goodbye. He died on Thanksgiving.

After a few high blood pressure days of dealing w/ "stuff" regarding my dad's brother & sister & their fighting, and getting the memorial planned & settled, we finally came home today. WHEW!

What a week...
amybeccaz
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

View user profile http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:10 pm

So sorry to hear about your grandpa...((HUGS))...
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:15 am

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa.

I've just been trying to polish off some Christmas shopping. We put the tree up and decorations out last night so the boys are happy now! Other than that it's just been the usual plus a few doctor's appointments to keep Sam's asthma under control.

Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

View user profile http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Today I'm getting ready for our family Christmas with my husband's sisters and their families that we'll be having tomorrow night. I have the whole house to clean,regular housework and cleaning windows, floors, etc. their presents to wrap, two extra dinner tables to set up to accomodate everyone, some trimwork to touch up with paint. Tomorrow I'll be baking 2 hams, whipped potatoes and glazed carrots. SIL will be bringing a side, rolls, and a sweet. After all of the hullabaloo is done and they have gone for the night..I have to bake 3-4 different kinds of cookies for the cookie swap the next day on Sat..also have to do groc shopping early Sat morning. Sometime in there somewhere, if anyone gets the recipes to me, I'll need to type up and print out recipe cards for the swap in the afternoon.. Sunday I'll be baking pies for the soup kitchen, they want us to deliver them Monday by 3.. Monday I babysit Alex..Tuesday I am taking a rest and having a drink..lol
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:31 pm

I bought and shipped a few gifts this morning, since they are instate they will be there tomorrow and it was cheap.
I have guests coming this evening for the weekend, and my house is a disatser, but I don't care. This weekend we will Christmas shop, and wrap etc, and then next week will be SUPER busy.

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:14 pm

Busy making tons of Christmas candies for the family and wrapping gifts. Hubby had his second heart attack last week so just glad he is here to celebrate Christmas with us. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate. May peace and joy be yours in the coming New Year. Merry Christmas from Idaho.
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:56 pm

We had our Christmas get together for my husbands family tonight. It went well...I'm kind of beat though, and I have two batches of cookies to bake tonight and one to bake tomorrow. I'd bake the 3rd one tonight, just to get it over with, but I don't have powdered sugar and I need it for that recipe. My feet hurt so bad..I'll be up most of the night probably but we had such fun tonight and it'll be a fun day tomorrow for the cookie swap.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:04 pm

idatater46 wrote:Busy making tons of Christmas candies for the family and wrapping gifts. Hubby had his second heart attack last week so just glad he is here to celebrate Christmas with us. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate. May peace and joy be yours in the coming New Year. Merry Christmas from Idaho.

If I could click "LIKE" I would.... Merry Christmas and God bless you and our Husband.
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Day 2 of shopping for baking ingredients... still need cherries (those candied kind/fruitcake)... but all WAlmart had was the large containers of red... smaller green containers, but really want the red, so will look for again early next week, otherwise will settle for green.

I'll bet I've spent $50 for baking supplies for ssugar cookies, snack mix, sa'more bars, honey glazed nuts. almost turtles, caramel apple dip, honey macarons, dipped pretzel rods and more.

All of all the above goes to one neighbor as their Christmas gift, and a fe w to each to of a couple of other neighbors... cooking/baking begins on Sundy!

Oh and I haven't finished shopping for Chuck (DH)... we don't need a thing, so we agreeded on 10 - $1 items from the dollar store, and 1 additiional gift with a value no more than $25... this is tuff LOL
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trax on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:58 pm

idatater - glad to hear you get to spend another year with your husband. Look forward to another year.

amybeccaz - sorry to hear about your Grampa.

Me - I am up to about 5' 1" and still hoping to grow Wink

I have butter tarts to make. I have sugar cookies to make and decorate. There is no rush here; christmas has always been my husband and I.

I have always cooked a small turkey - with trimmings - spend the day in the kitchen...

FaLaLaLaLa
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:54 pm

idatater, glad to hear hubby's ok now. Hopefully he continues to do well!

Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

View user profile http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:57 pm

wrapped Chuck's 10 - Dollar Tree presents today... but will go shopping tomorrow for the "big" LOL gift... whatever that ends up being.

Also got off to the Y for some serious treadmilling... I've been neglecting my walking for too long... there I was walking at 3.5 mph and a girl on one side was running at 4.6 mph and another (very young) on the other side was running at 5.9 mph.... Geesh... I felt like a snail... but managed to last for at least 3 miles (just walking mind you).

Tomorrow, I'll go out and finish up my little bit of shopping... B&BW GC for my yoga teacher, Chuck's "big" gift and those danged GREEN candied cherries (where o where are the small containers of red?)

bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:00 pm

trax wrote:idatater -
Me - I am up to about 5' 1" and still hoping to grow Wink

There is no rush here; christmas has always been my husband and I.

I have always cooked a small turkey - with trimmings - spend the day in the kitchen...

FaLaLaLaLa

Good luck on that growning tall thing... and hate to burst our bubble, but at our age, it heighth seems to go in the opposite direction... but ya know, I do believe in miracles!

Your Christmas sounds very much like mine and Chuck's... just the 2 of us. I've changed my menu from a whole turkey breast, to a roasting chicken and now down to a pork loin ... with all the trimmings. I really hate leftovers... after they've been frozen for 3 months or more, I have no interest in them... and we can only eat so much in a few days time.
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down