Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Today...

Post by bizzeedee on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:07 pm

are you sorry you agreed to the arrangement yet? I know it's not the boy's fault he behaves the way he does, it's his parents for not teaching and correcting him to begin with ... but I'm afraid I would tie him up to a tree outside rather than deal with what you're dealing with.
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:09 pm

agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:11 pm

I guess I have to be grateful that all I had to worry about was picking up all the toys when I used to babysit my niece and nephew when they were little
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm not sorry yet Dee, as long as he doesn't destroy something that will cost some $$ to fix...other than that I figure I get the best of it because he goes home and I get paid. However, they have to take him home and keep him.. and you're right, it's not his fault... For the most part, if he's doing something and I tell him to stop, he does. It's just that it isn't very long before he's into something else..lol
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:56 pm

kids will test you, and if you can keep doing what you're doing, he'll eventually learn what is acceptable and not with Aunt Kelly... his parent's don't know how lucky they are to have someone as patient as you... and maybe some good will come out of this... like the little guys takes home what he learns at your house, and his parents eventually notice that he's behaving in a much better way. Good Luck... glad, for you, it's just one day a month (right, just Monday's?)
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Every Monday from 11 to 4. It's only been 3 Mondays and he's learned already that I give him 1 warning, after that I do whatever it is I told him I would do.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:54 pm

I just love my husband, we were talking today about shopping for x-mas and what to get his nephews. What do you get for kids that have cell phones and big ticket items like that which they treat like toys? It's impossible to shop for them because they are spoiled rotten (which probably explains some of the bad behavior. Anyway (Kris is very blunt) so he sent this e-mail to his sister:

What do the boys want for Christmas? It's tough to find stuff for them because...

They have everything

whatever I might buy, Deena and Craig and James and everyone else already bought 12 of them.

I do my Christmas shopping early, but they usually get a ton of stuff on their birthdays, which come shortly before that.

Any ideas? Preferably something that everyone else won't buy? I'm trying to organize all the Christmas shopping as soon as possible, but in their case, I may have to hold off until after the birthdays. But if you have some suggestions, that would be great.

Usually we ask her every year and we get the same reply, "Oh whatever you get will be fine.." and on Christmas they unwrap it and throw it on the floor to unwrap the next one hoping the next one they open is better.. I have to give Kris kudos for being so blunt in his inquiry though Smile
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:06 am

That is an awesome email! I hope it gets the point across..
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:13 am

Just an idea Kelly, but what about gift certificates for the local movie theater and some other little fillers. There are always going to be new kids' movies out around the holidays, and they may like "paying" for their own ticket. Plus, mom and dad would like it. Our theater sells other options too, like a ticket, with perforated attachments for a free popcorn and beverage. You could package it in a fun way, maybe fill a gift bag with dry popped popcorn and put the tickets in there.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:47 am

Lori, we're going to use your idea for their birthdays this year..thanks..that will take all the worrying out of their birthday gifts this year. They do go to the movies.. and gift certs for movies would definitely be used. Here it's $5. admission per person. So we could get a gift cert that covers admission for all 4 of them ($20. and then a few dollars on top of that for snacks) great idea...!

I think we finally made an agreement on Christmas that we can all live with. After doing some talking with Kris, and SIL Rani, we've all agreed to keep gifts for adults simple this year. So (provided Sunny agrees) we are going to do $20. limit per adult, or 1 gift bag (gift bag size to be determined) per adult. If she agrees then we'll all be happy. If we do the 1 gift bag per adult thing, I can pick up 12 gift bags of the same size and give 4 to each couple . A person can either buy a single gift, or a few smaller $ amount gifts, but whatever it is must fit in the gift bag. Or we can just do a $20 limit too..now just to get the most materialistic SIL to agree. However they are finding their finances tighter this year than last, so she might actually agree this year. If she does that will take so much pressure off our holiday shopping this year! Rani gave us two simple ideas for her boys (thank God) she said they each want a remote control vehicle. They've had plenty in the past but they don't have them anymore. They have some monster truck ones on Amazon for $19.99..works for me. That and a board game and some snacks and they're done...I think this years holiday might work out to be a good year...
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:09 pm

You're putting me to shame, Kelly. I have nothing - nothing! - bought for Christmas this year. I'm not feeling it at all. MIL already gave me an envelope of money so I can buy stuff from her to all of us. *sigh*

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:20 pm

I am only buying for my kids, and Xander this year. I hate shoping, and am tired of the gift giving. I will bake something for everyone else..

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:24 pm

The only things I have bought so far are the GPS for Kris, and some cute Christmassy socks and slippers I got on clearance at JCPenneys a while back, and two little 3 oz jar candles, and a mini perfume. If SIL agrees I just need to buy a tea for one set on amazon , and then something for the other sil, and sils are done. BILs we haven't started on. We haven't started on their boys either, but it should be relatively easy with a remote control vehicle, board games, snacks.. Kris will probably want to do BIL's and the boys stuff all on the same day at some point later this month so we'll be done that. Kris already bought JJ's gift... (JJ has had an x-box 360 for a couple years now, but his isn't one of the ones with a hard drive. So Kris picked up a 260GB hard drive for it and a wireless network adapter and will get him x-box live...and Fable III.. Wynonna we're not sure on yet.

I'll be doing baking this year too erin. That will take care of a couple of our neighbors, the mail lady and the UPS guy.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 pm

It's taking care of the entire family here, UPS and neighbors don't get squat!

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:22 pm

lol, I don't do much. I usually bake and frost sugar cookies. One batch of my sugar cookie dough makesa little over 30 good sized cookies..so I usually make two batches which works out to about a dozen cookies per person, and it takes care of the UPS guy, mail lady, garbage man, and I will only be making cookies for 1 neighbor this year (she's the only one I know well enough since we've moved here)
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:05 pm

I am sort of in the same boat....but not going to attend the Bday party now since I have been given a choice of 3 gifts to give
DH's cousin is a flake, and informed she would like : a ride on toy like Xander's...they are $80, Barbie collectibles....the kid is 2, or one of those sit n spin things, but only a pink or purple one...

well, she screwed the pooch. I normally would buy the kid a gift that is $30-$40, since I like her and all....but now she is getting a good old nothing now.

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:19 pm

I just don't understand how people can be like that..I get so frustrated with SILs doing that type of thing..It looks like they are getting better about it though judging from recent conversations...
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:32 pm

edbson wrote:I am only buying for my kids, and Xander this year. I hate shoping, and am tired of the gift giving. I will bake something for everyone else..

Good for you, gift giving has gotten out hand, so much that we forget the real meaning of Christmas... not how much we get or give, but at least thinking.

I will admit, I give gift cards to grandgirls and daughter/husband, but for the few neighbors that mean something to mean, I bake and I know they appreciate those items....

I belong to a Newcomers club, and each year, we do some sort of dirty (hate, hate, hate) santa, and you can see the looks on people's faces when they get something they think sucks. What have we come to?
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:35 pm

I also only shop for my family,my brother,my father and my nephew and two nieces. My sister seems to shop for everyone she knows,it's unreal and ridiculous
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 pm

KellyM wrote:lol, I don't do much. I usually bake and frost sugar cookies. One batch of my sugar cookie dough makesa little over 30 good sized cookies..so I usually make two batches which works out to about a dozen cookies per person, and it takes care of the UPS guy, mail lady, garbage man, and I will only be making cookies for 1 neighbor this year (she's the only one I know well enough since we've moved here)

The garbage man? You've got to be kidding LOL... we have 1-2 who drive the weekly truck and that changes almost weekly ...

We will give our lawn boy a bonus at the end of the season (cash) and we've given up on mail carrier, because that seems to change week to week... for us, 3 neighbors get gifts (how can we not, they always gift us with food or gift cards)... Of course, we have a never changing neighborhood... I only pray that our current neighbors stay here forever, because we love their kids... we're the surrogate grandparents! And they are such dolls (at 10 and 6)
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Nope not kidding in the least bit....the man digs in my trash can to dig out garbage bags of my snotty tissues and rotten food just to make a living..actually the guy on the truck makes minimum wage.. and he's always kind without a bad word about anyone and waves and smiles every week...I've had the same truck pick up my trash for the last 10 years..and I was thrilled when I moved to find out that they did a route in town and that I would be able to keep them as my trash removal. I figure they deserve the cookies more than anyone else. I have the same driver and person on the back every week..Dave drives the truck and Scotty works on back. They each get a card addressed to them and their families and a dozen cookies...and they break out in the biggest grins when they see me coming with the boxes. I know darn well that they're cracking the covers off of those boxes before they get down the road..and what did it cost me? A couple dollars in flour, butter, sugar, and powdered sugar and I can make hundreds of them...lol
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:45 am

KellyM wrote:Nope not kidding in the least bit....the man digs in my trash can to dig out garbage bags of my snotty tissues and rotten food just to make a living..actually the guy on the truck makes minimum wage.. and he's always kind without a bad word about anyone and waves and smiles every week...I've had the same truck pick up my trash for the last 10 years..and I was thrilled when I moved to find out that they did a route in town and that I would be able to keep them as my trash removal. I figure they deserve the cookies more than anyone else. I have the same driver and person on the back every week..Dave drives the truck and Scotty works on back. They each get a card addressed to them and their families and a dozen cookies...and they break out in the biggest grins when they see me coming with the boxes. I know darn well that they're cracking the covers off of those boxes before they get down the road..and what did it cost me? A couple dollars in flour, butter, sugar, and powdered sugar and I can make hundreds of them...lol

You are so sweet, and I can understand why you do these for those two hard working fellows.
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 pm

KellyM wrote:The only things I have bought so far are the GPS for Kris, and some cute Christmassy socks and slippers I got on clearance at JCPenneys a while back, and two little 3 oz jar candles, and a mini perfume. If SIL agrees I just need to buy a tea for one set on amazon , and then something for the other sil, and sils are done. BILs we haven't started on. We haven't started on their boys either, but it should be relatively easy with a remote control vehicle, board games, snacks.. Kris will probably want to do BIL's and the boys stuff all on the same day at some point later this month so we'll be done that. Kris already bought JJ's gift... (JJ has had an x-box 360 for a couple years now, but his isn't one of the ones with a hard drive. So Kris picked up a 260GB hard drive for it and a wireless network adapter and will get him x-box live...and Fable III.. Wynonna we're not sure on yet.

I'll be doing baking this year too erin. That will take care of a couple of our neighbors, the mail lady and the UPS guy.

Bought SIL's tea for one set from Amazon and it arrived today...so pretty. So that takes care of one SIL , now to buy one $10-$15 gift for Sunny... We don't buy for the schizophrenic SIL because we never know where she'll be to send the gifts to, she's always taking off somewhere. Kris bought the monster remote control trucks for the nephews, and I had already bought each one two shirts..all I need to do is right before x-mas make up a goodie bag with treats.
All that's left to buy for x-mas are gifts for the 2 BIL's and Wynonna and Dan..we give mom and dad cash.. Wynonna and Dan are both going to get gift certs for the local Mall..they both said they need clothes..so this will allow them to pick out their own.

Last edited by KellyM on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down