What are you up to ladies?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What are you up to ladies?

Post by KellyM on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Finally finished painting the deck today..Yay! Now to get to work on either cleaning out the flower beds or painting JJ's room...After that, painting the livingroom ceiling and walls...
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 am

I cleaned earlier this morning, and did some light touch up painting. Our dining room chairs get pushed into the wall and make marks. It drives me nuts so I painted over it, and am now ordering the wood for a Chair rail....Kinda hard to find the one I want to match the kitchen cabinets though...

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 am

I have an appointment to get Shellac Nails done. The manicure should last 2 weeks, so I won't have to bring nail paraphernalia on board.

I had an appt today at a different salon, but they called and cancelled a couple of weeks ago. There is a severe shortage of the supplies. So, I was getting my hair colored last Friday and the stylist mentioned nails. I asked if she had heard of Shellac Nails and she said she had. I said "You don't do them here, though". She said "Yes we do". She went over and picked up the signage from CND and showed me. I told her about my cancelled appointment and said if I'd known they did them, I wouldn't have contacted the other salon and had my appt cancelled. She said sorry, but the salon is closed on Monday. At which point the manicurist said "No - I actually will be in on Monday and can do them then." Score! cheers

I searched at the CND website again and this salon still isn't listed as using the system, so I'll let the manicurist know. They're losing out on business because CND hasn't updated their search. Isn't that always what happens, though? Never trust search results!

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:00 am

I have neve heard of shellac manicure,I have heard of gel manicure though.I just took my meds an hour ago and I'm still sleepy.Might just sleep some more Sad
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 am

Are you sick, Athena? I hope you feel better soon.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:23 am

lol no Lori, I have a chronic condition ,very little energy, get sleepy very easily besides the hypopituitarism.I have panhypopituitarism about 5 years now. If something stresses me,I'm likely to fall asleep lol
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:30 am

It's a product made by CND, the color is supposed to last 14 days without chipping. It is almost like having Gels put on, and I have heard good things about it.
It has to be removed with an acetone soak, the main reason I don't use it....don't have 10 minutes to sit and soak....my nail lady swears by it though

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:36 am

Interesting!
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:02 pm

I chose a really neutral soft lilac/pink color. Strawberry Smoothie. When she asked if I wanted another appt I told her I wouldn't be maintaining them, but did I have to come in to get it removed. She gave me instructions for removal. Hope they last! And she's good and pissed about not being listed as a Shellac salon. She said she even had someone come out for a formal training session and most don't do that.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Well this was supposed to be the first day of the babysitting schedule for my nephew. Only for 1 hour today, then 4 hours a day starting the 13th.. Wanna know how it went? lol Alex had a meltdown here, not for me, but in front of his mom,(my SIL) because he didn't want her to leave. I've watched him before and he didn't throw fits like this when she left. He just wanted to be a pain in her butt. He screamed (like someone was killing him) for HALF AN HOUR while she tried to leave out the door, he kicked her, kicked my wall (which I sassed him and he gave me a dirty look for), grabbed her legs..etc. She threatened that daddy wouldn't take him to McD's for dinner like they promised they would if he behaved if he didn't behave and let her go. He screamed the whole time, he even screamed stuff to make it sound like she was hurting him like, "Mom, my foot! My foot! Stop hurting me!! When all she was doing was picking his sneakered feet off my kitchen counter. Finally it got to the point where she just HAD to go (she probably ended up being late) and she had to walk in the kitchen )Alex had planted himself in front of the outside door in the livingroom screaming. So she walked into the kitchen and out the back door. The minute he realized I raced him to the door and told him that mom had to leave. He ran into my livingroom screaming until he realized she had gone and there wasn't anything he could do, then he stopped. I didn't know but SIL had called her husband to leave work and come get him immediately. Had I known, I would have called him back and told him that once she left he quieted down..and not to come get him until the scheduled time. It was interesting to say the least. My neighbors halfway down the street probably think I kill children..lol

BTW if I found out that BIL took him to Mc D's for dinner after all of that, I will call him myself and tell him what a dumbass he is..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:27 pm

I would ask her to not prolong the goodbye in the future. If he is kicking and screaming she needs to say goodbye, and go away. That kid is SO playing them....he is going to be a real handful in 10 years.

I finished up 2 purses today, supposed to deliver them tomorrow morning. I also got another order, and although it isn't my business, it irked me. The lady wants the bag to carry her dog in, and has to wait to get her child support check. Again, I know it isn't my business, but thats NOT what CS is for....right?

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:00 pm

I know erin...I chatted with her earlier to let her know that he was fine the minute she left, the tears immediately dried and he was fine. She knows he's playing her. Unbeknownst to her, BIL did friggin take him to Mc D's, she was soooo mad about it. All I can say is glad it's not me.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 pm

I did 4 cakes last week- got HUGE orders this week- very detailed work- and BR was supposed to be off to helpme- BUT he isgoing to be workingsince his 18 wheeler has been broke down this week- it has a bad exhaust leak- they have fixed a few places, he goes backout and is suffering from poisoning within 4 or so hours. its agrvating.

Ihave to get that truck done for that cake- it was supposed to be done this week or last, and just put on the cake- But I have been so busy.

The kids had a banquet on saturday- for 4-H. Then sunday we had church an BR came home early, we all went out and shot the guns. Rayley is gtting pretty good at targets. She is still too small to shoot moving skeet like the boys- the guns are just too heavy. But they are all improving. we ended the evning having a shooting contest withthe BB guns - evryone had their own peice of skeet set up and we all shot until someones broke totally.

and today BR tookthem back out and they shot a few hundred rounds. while Bow and I shot the BB gun.
They are all working onschool inthe mornings and doing pretty well.

the worst Member of Group A
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Glad to hear homeschool is working out for you, and for them. JJ's been doing great so far..I hope it goes this way for the rest of the year. It helps that this is the second year and since we have all of the first year wrinkles ironed out, it seems to be going smoothly.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:02 pm

hmm, Let's see
Wednesday bayley and I took a road trip. My great uncle is in the hospital with CHF, Alzheimers, and oldness. It was his Bday too, he is 93.It's a good 2 1/2 hour drive, so it was a long day, got there about 9:30 we stayed about 4.5 hours, and then drove home. On the way home we made several stops, In Hemphill at the space shuttle Columbia crash site memorial ( The Hemphill/Milam/Toledo Bend area had the biggest concentration of crash debris), Bayley took pics, and we ate a hamburger at "aunt fanny's Cackle shack"...BEST greasy hamburgers ever.
We also stopped and looked at a house for sale in that area, we are tossing around the idea of moving up there as soon as Bayley graduates , in 4 years, but mortgage rates are at 3.15 % so now would be the absolute time to buy.

Yesterday I went and got a Mani/pedi/massage/facial with Kristin, for my Bday,Xander has bright blue toenails, because he patiently waited for his turn. Had dinner with dh and the kids, and had cake , ice cream etc.
Today I got a haircut, and highlights, lowlights, and then cleaned and took a nap.....and I am SO glad it is friday!

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Our daughter and her hubby are coming for the weekend- can't wait to see them. Will be enjoying the last of summer.. Today have made bruschetta from fresh garden tomatoes and such. I love this time of year when all the crops are coming in. Starting to be able to breathe again after the wheat harvest is over. Happy weekend to all- be safe.
idatater46
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tara on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 pm

We went to the water park and got sunburned. Going back to the state fair again at some point this weekend.
tara

Number of posts : 6833

View user profile http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Went to Presque Isle with mom today shopping..went to the eye dr, picked up my contacts..came home..hubby brought my favorite Chinese..and an Italian Creme cake (which sadly, it's so hot that I don't have an appetite for my cake Sad...
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:16 pm

yoga, 4 miles on the treadmill, and supper at our favorite local Mexican eatery.

But really looking forward tomorrow, when it's only going to be 78 and breeze... WEEDS look out, here I come !
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:55 am

I spent the day in airbrush hell- couldnt get grey tosave my life-

so now I have the mud truck almost done after recovering it with fondant and I am fixing to start on a football field (that hasto be exact- down to the yard lines...and the 2 teams playing that he is going to see at noon tomorrow) and its 2am. I have to drive an hour to drop it off, then back an hour and a half to drop off the other- both before 11am. and I literly havent done anything on the football cake except bake it.

oh and Bow is awake....

chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 am

OH and I have to get 2 half grown hogs out of a pen, and bring them about 200 yards to another pen for someone to pick up in the morning. NOT a good thing.. Hogs dont like to be moved... AT ALL.

and they are STRONG.

chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down