What are you up to ladies?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What are you up to ladies?

Post by thebigscott on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 pm

I say give it. That'll be one less thing you have to buy later and she should like it.
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:58 pm

Usually I won't give someone a gift if it isn't something that I wouldn't like myself. Though they are acrylic, they are pretty and it's thick acrylic..so she wouldn't have to worry about the boys breaking it. For some reason if they did, it's not like it was an expensive boo boo. If the majority don't think it's in bad taste, then I'll give them to her..if they do, then I'll keep that set too..i should have bought myself a red set..to go with the patio and patio furniture..but the Aqua set was pretty..I might even have Kris check out and see if there are any more and have him get myself a red pitcher and glasses when he goes to Walmart this weekend..
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:05 am

It needs to be shined up, but this is it..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:15 am

Forgot to mention, I had my eye appt today. He said my sight hasn't really changed but that I have a little bit more astigmatism than last time. It's been since 2004 that I had an eye exam (he checked my records today) However I should still be able to use regular contacts..so he sent for a sample pair..they should be in next week.. When they come in, I need to wear them for a week, if they are okay, then I can just order my regular lenses that I used to order. With one exception, they don't make evergreen lenses anymore, I would need to order sea green..which he let me try a non prescrip sample today just to see the color.. Anyhoo, if the sample pair doesn't pan out after that week then he said I would need to get toric lenses...so we'll see what happens..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:17 am

Kelly, I think the glasses and pitcher show that you were really listening to her. They should be perfect. Acrylic and plastic drink-ware is not considered cheesy here. Lots of people own boats and nobody wants to deal with broken glass. The only thing that would be a little better is if they were clear rather than colored. I was going to say that her boys would also love drinking from those fancy glasses, my kids loved drinking from anything out of the ordinary, but the ruby tint makes them look pink and I don't know if her boys have hit the anti-pink stage yet. Little boys haven't learned to segregate pink from their color choices yet.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah, they didn't have any clear ones..but we'll see what happens..Her birthday isn't until the 2nd of Nov..I may just spring and order her a glass pitcher set like mine, or get her a nicer acrylic set and keep these for myself..I'm not sure yet..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Went to the court house today. Apparently the lawyer for the plaintiff and the defendant decided to postpone the case until Oct 28th...so we will have to go again on that date..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:19 pm

I would give the pitcher/glass set, and some drink mix, and keep the GC for myself.

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Cooking beef pot roast with new potatoes and carrots, farm corn on the cob, green salad. just finished making a fresh peach pie. now listening to old time Gospel music on cd and enjoying the most perfect beautiful summer day. counting my blessings.
idatater46
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trax on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Idatater - can I come for supper? Sounds delicious! Hope your husband is doing well.
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Make room for me too, idatater! That sounds wonderful.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Earlier this month, at my Newcomers LUncheon, I won the centerpiece, it was one of those pictures, and 4 globlets, plus a tray... transluent lime green... I love them and would not be at all embarassed to serve drinks to my guests...
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Cleaned house this morning (and it looks nice still, wonder of wonders!) and then spent the afternoon at my friend Rebecca's house and kept her and her family company. They are doing a little better, although still very shaky. I was glad to have been able to come.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:03 pm

It's good that they have someone there like you to be there for them Karen, that really means more than you could ever know..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:16 pm

I hope it helps. I only wish I could do more.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Friday- got my haircut this morning, then out to lunch with hubby and then off to a movie. I wanted to see ECLIPSE- A I have read all the books several times- movie was good but the book was much better. Drove by to see the outside of the home just built by the t.v. show, Extreme makeover, home edition. Lovely house for a single mom of nine- she is fighting cancer and their old house burned last year.
idatater46

Number of posts : 719

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:19 pm

thebigscott wrote:Cleaned house this morning (and it looks nice still, wonder of wonders!) and then spent the afternoon at my friend Rebecca's house and kept her and her family company. They are doing a little better, although still very shaky. I was glad to have been able to come.

They are lucky to have a friend like you Karen, and I hope you're bringing them peace. It's bound to be a difficult time for then.
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Lets see, today spent the morning counseling my brother who happens to be a recovering alcoholic. He called this morning to tell me he screwed up and spent a couple days drinking and passed out for a day or two..he was in pain and hadn't taken his prescription medication he has for a medical condition (which can be deadly if not taken as we found out a year and a half ago when he almost died.) He wanted to call our parents to ask them to bring him into the ER but was ashamed and scared to call them. So i talked to him for a bit, then called and talked to dad. Dad ended up bringing him in, it's a good thing because his Potassium was severely low, they gave him a bag of it IV, did ultrasounds due to some pain he was having and found out there might be a possible surgery in his future (not due to the drinking).
So that was this morning. JJ came home from work around 11:30 and we worked on his homework (which he did some of today's the day before yesterday, and a little yesterday) so he didn't have much, we were done at 2:30.

Now tonight some lady was picking a fight with me on FB. For those who don't know me, I am the most non-confrontational person you could ever meet. I try to be a people pleaser and don't often cause a stir. There were a few people bitching on a post about how there is never anything to do in our town. How there are only one or two events during the year to bring their kids to and how they have to go elsewhere to do anything. I made the point that it takes people to plan, schedule, organize and get funding(if need be) for those events and that they don't just magically happen. If the same people are the ones doing it all the time and no one ever offers to volunteer their time, ideas, etc then of course there won't be much and nothing will change. In a matter of minutes I came up with a huge list of town activities/event ideas that wouldn't cost a ton of money, quite a few would not cost anything. So some lady gets on there and posts, "WHAT'S YOUR POINT?" I stated that my point was that it would just take some people to organize and volunteer their time. They were all complaining about lack of things to do, but none of them were willing to do anything about it. She ended up deleting her nasty post.

I told them that if they wanted ideas or wanted to brainstorm that i'd be happy to. My kids aren't little anymore, but I'd be willing to work on some community activities once in a while. I think she took a nasty pill this evening or something...
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:29 am

Lots of times it's the service organizations who come up with the activities - Jaycees, Chamber of Commerce, Lions, etc. Ideas could be run past them or presented to a current member for them to bring to the organization and see if they'd be willing to plan and host them.

There're always out of town events, too. A bunch of the bitchers could carpool together. Idea

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:47 am

My friend and I are starting Day 3 of "the experiment" today.
SHe called me last week and we were talking, she mentioned her weight issues, and I told her" Just get off the couch, and do something, it doesn't have to be formal exercise". SO, she kinda got offended, and pointed out that I don't have a weight issue.....I told her that NO, but I was active.
Well, she wanted to tag along with me for a week or so, to get an idea...I kinda think she thought I sat on my butt eating lettuce when i was alone. She will probably not last the day today......LOL

Anyway, I learned a couple of things. I honestly did not realize how abnormally physically active I am, and I did not realize that we eat healthier than anyone else we know....good things, but strange...LOl

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:21 am

edbson wrote:I kinda think she thought I sat on my butt eating lettuce when i was alone.

KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:43 am

Lori wrote:Lots of times it's the service organizations who come up with the activities - Jaycees, Chamber of Commerce, Lions, etc. Ideas could be run past them or presented to a current member for them to bring to the organization and see if they'd be willing to plan and host them.

There're always out of town events, too. A bunch of the bitchers could carpool together. Idea

Exactly, there was another person who pointed out on my post in my favor saying that there are all kinds of town organizations that could use some fresh faces with new ideas...he said maybe they are stuck in a rut and could use some fresh perspective.

I could think of a ton of ideas that wouldnt' cost much money. Such as a town picnic in the summer. They could use the sports fields at the local highschool for the picnic area, or if not there are plenty of other large field grassy areas where it could be done, families could bring coolers, picnic baskets, etc the highschool parking for the vehicles. Or maybe a town scavenger hunt, etc. They just want to be able to show up and take advantage of the events without ever being ones to plan or help. It's just as well, even if there were tons of things to do, they'd bitch about how those weren't good enough. I know this because one of the people posted after my post. Caribou just got done having their yearly "Caribou Cares About Kids Week" they had a parade, they had activities all week long tie dye shirt making, face painting, homemade car races (where kids were given wood, materials, etc to make and decorate a small model car and race them, there were a couple events every day. This person posted how the parade was a joke, how the events weren't up to snuff, etc. There just isn't any pleasing some people.

KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Our chamber does a kids day with parade and events. You can make your own float in the parade by decorating a wagon and pulling it or you can decorate your bike and there are prizes. For the littlest ones they hold a Little Lifeguard and Bathing Beauty contest. My youngest won when he was 3. So damn cute. He got to ride in a convertible in the parade the next year alongside the bathing beauty winner.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Could not get myself motivated today for the life of me. Don't know why, just didn't feel like it..I'll try to get something done tomorrow..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:04 am

We are spreading more sand, one day the yard will not have low spots that hold water....but not today.

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down