What are you up to ladies?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are you up to ladies?

Post by KellyM on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Lets see, I've got chicken and dumplings in a crockpot. I had never heard of chicken and dumplings as a meal. The only Chicken and Dumplings I've ever seen was the Campbells soup kind. Being from the North, chicken is chicken and dumplings were for stew. So when I saw the recipe for Chicken and dumplings I figured it was chicken stew. Not at all, so a couple months ago I made it and we all LOVE it. You southerners have the best take on comfort food! It's my families favorite meal..We make it once a week every week for dinner.

So food in the crockpot. I called my sis and we talked about JJ's curriculum that I am borrowing from her and getting the lesson plans together. We don't have them completely done, but he can start most subjects next week and the others the week after. I still have yet to order his Consumer Math and passkey to asvab books, that will have to be ordered before the week is up.

I have to put a load of laundry in, make my bed, regular house stuff. Last night Kris picked up our pool table at Sears. The box was huge and so I have to cut up the box and all the packing material and crap in pieces to bag it. I have to bring down the smaller parts of the pool table down to the basement to get them out of the way (hubby, JJ and BIL brought the 400lb+ tabletop down to the basement last night). I have this one garbage can that JJ and Kris keep putting garbage in without a bag (I hate that, HUGE pet peeve of mine) and so I have to bag that stuff.

I'm waiting to hear back from Kris. I had called the optometrist to find out how much they charge cash for an eye appt (I haven't been in probably 5 years or more). Then I was going to call him back and we'd decide whether we want to set up an appt right now or in a week or two. It's $112. for the eye exam and i will probably get contacts this time around if my eyesight hasn't changed. I can get away with ordering 1 box because I can use the same strength for both eyes. I've had contacts before, I just haven't worn them for a few years, when I did have them I didn't wear them all the time, just when leaving the house.

Don't know what else might end up coming my way today. My brothers birthday is tomorrow, either mom or I will make him a cake. I usually make it a point to, but I have been so sidetracked lately that it took mom to remind me today about his birthday being tomorrow. I don't have the ingredients here, so she said she'd probably just make him a cake since she has a mix and some frosting there. I'll just have to pick up a card and shove some $$ in it on the way to mom's tomorrow.
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you up to ladies?

Post by edbson on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:20 pm

I have never made Chicken and Dumpling in the crock pot, it's not our fave thing, but I make it sometimes....we prefer crab and sausage gumbo weekly
I scheduled bayley's dental appt, and eye appt for next week after school....without realizing it, Oh well.

I have 2 quilts to make by friday, I ordered the fabric last week, and it just came in today, so BUSY tomorrow, all day.

If you haven't had en exam in 5 years, don't count on having the same RX. I learned the hard way.....although I only need one contact, in my right eye, I wear them in both, because they are colored..

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:46 pm

I love crab and sausage, I like the two things seperately, not sure how I'd like them together, I'd have to try it.

Who are you making the quilts for? That doesn't give you much time to make them.

Yeah, I'm wishful thinking Erin. I'm hoping that they are still close enough that I don't have two order two different strength boxes. But if I do, then I don't have a choice.

I HATE going to the optometrist. I hate it when they make you take your glasses off to take the eye exam. I want to say, "You fool! I'm blind! Thats why I need the dang glasses, to see! Here you are telling me to take them off and asking me what I can see." DUH nothing.... Then he asks, "Is this one better, or is THIS one better." How to you answer that if you can't see it? "Well, let's see Doc, with both eyes the small letters or numbers look like small blurry dots, the big ones look like big blurry dots." WTH? Then when he's asking you to name off the eye chart, they make you feel bad, it's like"cant read that one, cant read that one..." Like you're a little kid and failing a test at school, if you'd only studied or squinted harder..ugh I completely hate it..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:56 pm

I spent the day with Caly. She had to get her teeth cleaned, so they took the wire for her braces off and after the appointment we drove to the next town over to have a new wire put on and her braces tightened. That took most of the morning. By the time we had lunch and drove back to Berea it was time to pick up Zoe from school.

I did a little shopping too, stopping by the grocery since we had to drive right in front of it, but that was about it. After getting the other kids, we drove home. Zaven's doing his homework and Caly's trying on the rest of the clothes we bought at the thrift store. So far she's got a couple of pairs of pants, some t-shirts, a robe, and a pair of jeans that all fit and look nice. Then there are two pairs of jeans that fit in the legs but are uncomfortable at the waist. I'm going to try to see if I can let out the waist just a bit using some of the extra denim from the inside of the front pockets. It sounds strange, but I've done it before and it works and looks nice. None of the swim suits really work for her but a couple of them are very nice and I'll save them for when Zoe's bigger.

I'm thinking I'll mix up some dough and we'll have homemade pizza for dinner. IF I have sauce. That's the only thing I forgot at the grocery.
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:40 am

The quilts are for a repeat customer who special orders them for her kids for preschool naptime. She has 5 or so kids, all under the age of 6...

She ordered tham last week, and I promised them by Friday, it was my fault the fabric didn't come in. I have one finished, and will do the other tomorrow, they only take about 3 hours start to finish.

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 pm

I have 3 cakes due- friday, for one, then 2 for saturday.

The kids have shotgun shooting tonight, and BR is off on Friday- and we have to work on a realistic truck for next weekend. I am doing a cake for a 5 year old that looks like his and his daddy's mud truck, his daddy died and this is what his mom wants on his cake.

I reckon thats about it. Oh the kids are going to a paint ball/mini golf thing on saturday with the church.

the worst Member of Group A
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

View user profile http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Went to my parents house, It's my brother's birthday today so we picked him up and went there and did cake, ice cream and gifts with him. Came home, made dinner.
Went online and searched for a couple hours at online florists because an old school friend of mine who lives in Pennsylvania has a birthday Sat. We were the best of friends in Jr High and then the summer before we started high school her father (who was stationed at the former Loring Air Force Base up here) ended up getting stationed somewhere else, so they moved. I hadn't heard from her until early fall last year when we found each other on FB. The delivery fees are half the cost of the flowers! But I ordered one called Delightfully Daisy that's really pretty. There are purple daisies and some other purple flowers in a round clear glass bubble vase...she'll be so suprised to get them:) I had them scheduled for delivery tomorrow because I wanted her to get them a day early in case she had plans and won't be home on Sat. Now I'm just being lazy..but in a bit I have to get up and load the dishwasher, sweep, pick up the kitchen counter, etc.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:31 pm

I really like that low style of flower arrangement. I like the little tight bouquets that are tied with raffia and you just drop them in a low vase.

Vera Wang has some arrangements she designed for Teleflora (I think). They are really classy looking, but I would not trust the florists in the area I'd be sending them to recreate the Vera Wang look. I send flowers to the middle of nowhere.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:52 pm

It is really pretty, and I like that style too Lori...this is the one I sent Charity

http://www.amtrak.flowerclub.com/product.asp?id=215998&rcid=122273&point=1

These look fairly simple, I don't think they could screw them up..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Tomorrow I have to take Bayley back to the mall, to exchange 2 shirts she got at Hot topic, the sleeves are too tight.
I have do deliver the quilts, and take bayley to Lane bryant for bra;'s also....then Sat i guess we will get the school supllies etc....i HATe shopping, and it is the stupid tax free weekend, so going to be a madhouse

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:00 am

We got bored and started calling the kid's friends to see what we could get them to do. We pick something that's harmless, stupid, and would require them to trust us since we don't tell them why we're asking until after they've done it. Like telling them to get a piece of paper and put it on the floor and stand on it. We were pretty successful, too. It's amazing what you can convince someone to do if you try. Tomorrow we're going to see if we can get one of them to wear three shirts and two pair of pants. We're doing that to a kid who's notorious for taking his clothes off. He'll strip down to his boxers and change clothes right out in public. So it will be a challenge to get him to put extra clothes on.

Oh and part of the challenge is that the person who is actually doing the asking isn't best friends with the one being asked. Like Caly asked one of Zaven's friends to go and get a sock out of his dresser. He would have done it without even thinking for Zaven but he doesn't really know Caly that well so he almost didn't do it.

And no, I have no idea why we do this when we're bored. But it's our go-to game when we're bored.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:44 pm

That was interesting today..lol The flower arrangement I ordered for Charity was a little more difficult than I thought. I ordered it yesterday. Today I get an e-mail, the florist that's local to where my friend lives can't make that arrangement, would I accept a substitution? So I called them and told them that I would like them to make something as similar as they can to what I had picked out originally, hopefully they didn't screw it up too badly. Then an hour or so later, they call me on the phone. They didn't get the phone number for the delivery address, and I totally didn't think about that, I didn't have her number! So I messaged her on FB at work and kind of had to let her know a surprise was coming and that I needed her # for it to be delivered. So that got squared away. Got a $30. gift card for Target in the mail from InHomeTesting for a pt I did months ago. We don't have target around here so I went online to target.com... I was beginning to think I wasn't getting the $30. compensation they promised, however it would have been nicer if it had been cash or Amazon e-gift cert instead...I much rather would have gotten amazon.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:51 pm

KellyM wrote:That was interesting today..lol The flower arrangement I ordered for Charity was a little more difficult than I thought. I ordered it yesterday. Today I get an e-mail, the florist that's local to where my friend lives can't make that arrangement, would I accept a substitution?

Exactly the reason that I will not pay top dollar for a Vera Wang design that will not be successfully duplicated! LOL I swear, at smaller flower shops where they don't have much experience, every arrangement looks the same!

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Well, they didn't have purple flowers, but what they came up with turned out just as nice, I actually think I like it more...if you look on my wall

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1666664&fbid=1609520077340&id=1216351989

Charity posted pics of the arrangement she ended up getting. In a nice twist of fate,, since they didn't have purple I told them to do all pink and it happened to be her favorite color..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 pm

We went to the mall, Lane bryant to buy jeans and then subway for lunch...then drove home in the rain. It was raining so hard a trip that nornally takes me 30 minutes took over an hour, and tomorrow I am going to look at new cars, because hydroplaning every damn time it rains is a bit much....

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:06 pm

I just dropped off Zaven and Caly at the football game. Scott took the little ones to visit grandma so the house is crazy quiet. I should do some laundry and dishes... but I think I may take a bath. I never get to take a bath without someone knocking on the door.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:04 pm

HA, I have clean laundry sitting on the bed... guess I should go fold and put away...

Tomorrow, to make up to for today we're going to see Eat Love Pray, and then dinner at a " nice place " LOL

Would love to do so weeding, and maybe by Sunday, I can.
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Painted most of the deck today, and I am so sore... House is a mess..I didn't feel like doing anything after painting, then cleaning the brushes, cleaning myself..and I sat in the recliner..and that's where I've stayed..
I ordered JJ's Math for the year, and his Spanish 1...
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:42 am

yesterday the boys went to Houston with the church, they had to be at the church by 6:30- and my SIL came by and got the younger two. I was so tired after pulling an all nighter that I wanted a nap- But I never got one- I finished up both cakes, delivered them and then I got a shower- I never get one with out someone busting in with a problem. but thought I had it made- TILL I heard a dog whining- someone she had gotten shut in there with me and wanted out... LOL

I painted my toes (big toe is blue with a white star, all the rest are blue french tipped, with a whtie stripe under the blue)- and fell asleep at 5:30- they boys were coming in at 7- at 5:45 my SIL showed up with the youngest two- LOL

by the time I talked to everyone, got the boys and left it was after 9- got home, made spread for supper and went to BED!

This morning I woke the kids up early, made them clean their rooms, and bathroom, and I cleaned the livingroom and did some laundry- they are gone for church and I am fixing to get ready. I dont go to sunday school, so it gives me an extra hour.

the worst Member of Group A
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

View user profile http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Painted again all day today, Kris worked on putting together the home weight center, neither of us finished. I dont have much longer to finish the deck, maybe an hour which I will try to fit in tomorrow afternoon if it isn't raining. I am so sore, I can barely move. Kris still has a lot to go, and some of the bolts needed to put it together weren't in the box...so we are going to have to contact the company to have them send us the ones that we're missing.

JJ's homeschool starts tomorrow, all except for his math. I thought I was going to have to wait for Spanish too, but my sister will let me borrow my niece's Spanish 1 until ours comes in the mail, her kids don't start homeschooling until next week.

So this years schedule is :
Consumer Math
Marine Biology
Spanish 1&2
You and The Law
Passkey to ASVAB
Movies as Literature

I'm not sure how his work days will go yet as far as homeschooling goes. Maybe on days of the week where he is light on work he can do a little extra. That way, on the days he works he won't have to do a full days schoolwork when he gets home at 1pm. We'll iron it out as we go along..

JJ painted the ceiling in his room today. If it rains tomorrow and I can't finish the deck after his school work is done for the day, I may start taping his room so I can start painting the walls. That I will not let him do. I can see him getting that dark purple on the white ceiling or on the trim.. I will take my time and do it neatly.. He can just sleep in the spare bedroom until it's done. Somewhere in there tomorrow I have to fit in a trip to Presque Isle with Mom and Dad.

Yesterday Kris brought home the paint for the livingroom. The final color we chose was a Valspar Laura Ashley Collection color called Sand. It's basically tan..lol.. I will post before and after pics when i get around to painting the livingroom, but I will probably be posting before and after pics of JJ's room first.. though his zebra area rug is on backorder until the 30th and we won't have bedding and curtains and whatnot for it right off.

I think I'm gonna go put the laundry in the dryer, make myself a drink, and after that go to bed..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Got up this morning, first day of homeschool for the year and JJ was sick, so I had him go back to bed for a couple more hours. I exercised on the recumbent bike a couple miles, did housework and went to PI with mom and dad. Got some cool stuff on clearance for x-mas presents, came back home. Got JJ up, who, by then was feeling somewhat better..got him started on Marine Biology first, then You and the Law, then started cooking dinner...then Spanish..we didn't get to Movies as Literature today, but his first assignment in that is to watch Shane, which he can do tomorrow after work. He already completed his Marine Bio and You and The Law homework ahead of time for tomorrow since he has to work. So when he comes home tomorrow he'll have to watch Shane, and do Spanish..won't be next week until Math books come in, ASVAB doesnt' start til Oct...

I think if the weather is okay tomorrow I will finish the last piece of lattice on the deck..I would love to get one wall taped off and painted in JJ's room but am not betting on it..if I do it will be a nice surprise..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm

First day of school here, and I had Xander all freakin day!
We left about 9 and got our Pedicures....he got his toenails trimmed, filed, and painted with purple glittery polish, and he sat on my lap soaking his feet in the water and playing with the massage chair.
After that we went to my Aunt;s house and I helped her put together a massive swingset for her granddaughter. We got back here about 4, Bayley got home and I tossed dinner in the oven, then went outside to shovel,/spread sand. DH came home and we spread almost 2 loads while the storm was building, then we showered, ate and are doing nothing else today

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 pm

We shopped for dress clothes. I never wear them so any time someone gets married or dies there's a scramble to figure out what we have, where it's at, and if we have shoes other than flip-flops.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 am

i started school yesterday...
just 2 online classes...i don't like the hassle of going to the college. i needed 6 units, so I can put my student loans on deferment for a while...I'm running low on money and getting nothing from the all the job applications I've filled out.
I'm taking a Human Sexuality class and child development class called Child, Family, School, and Community. both should be pretty easy.
I finished everything for the week yesterday and now I'm waiting on the textbooks(bought 2 and renting 1) to arrive in the mail sometime this week
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:30 pm

So when I was at Walmart the other day, they had the drink pitchers, and margarita glasses (the clear colored plastic ones) on clearance. Though obviously not as nice as my glass pitcher and glasses set, I bought 2 sets. 2 pitchers and 4 glasses for each pitcher, one set in Aqua and one in Red. I am debating giving one to SIL as part of her birthday gift. What I was going to do is take a pitcher and glasses and put them in a gift bag with some fancy tissue paper. I was going to add either some of those mixed drink pouches which you just throw in the freezer (the have the alcohol in them already..or get a bottle of Margarita mix, and hubby usually gets a $25. gift card, so there would be a gift card in there as well...Would the pitcher and glasses be too cheesy because they aren't glass? She likes to drink mixed cocktails, and when I had bought my glass pitcher set, she mentioned how she would like to get a pitcher set, but said the boys would probably break it. Also since the set wouldn't be the only gift, but just a part of it, I am hoping that it will be okay. I guess I'm feeling a little guilty because I know that the pitcher was only .80cents marked down from $5.00 and the glasses only.40 cents each marked down from $1. each. Even though it's plastic it's pretty..I love the set I bought myself.. I dunno..if a few people think it's too cheezy and a bad idea, I can just keep the other set for myself as well...it would give me 2 different color sets..and I could find something else..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next