This weekends projects..what are your plans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This weekends projects..what are your plans?

Post by KellyM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 am

Kris is supposed to start putting the home gym and the recumbent bike together. I have a few paint touch ups to do in that room. Thankfully the old owners left the paint, there isn't much, but I don't think I'll need much. We decided to leave the room the color it is instead of repaint it, it's tan, works for me. Kris already mounted a small TV on the wall, and a shelf right under it for a DVD player. Other than that I can't think of much else I'd do in there. At some point (though we haven't gotten it yet) we have to get a different ceiling fan for that room. The one that's in there is dangerous, it sways really bad, and the blades come loose and fly right off the fan (even though we tightened them after the first time it happened,) The walls will be kind of blank, unless maybe I get a few motivational posters and frame them on the wall or something, I dunno. Other than that, I think that does it for the weekend. Next week if the weather is cooler I will start on JJ's room, unless Kris picks up deck stain before then.
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This weekends projects..what are your plans?

Post by Lori on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:10 am

I have a Dr.s appt today and then we're going out to MIL's house to visit and have dinner. DH's brother and nephew from TX are visiting right now. Tomorrow we have the livestock auction at the fair where we hope to buy a hog. I canned one batch of Zesty Peach BBQ Sauce this week and hope to get another done. I'll use those for Christmas gifts this year. (Walmart had peaches for 25 cents per pound!)

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 am

I am taking Bayley school clothes shopping.....I would rather eat brussells sprouts, or have my fingernails pulled out with pliers.....I HATE shopping of any sort.
We will be installing a new ceiling fan in the livingroom, as soon as I got buy it today. The one we have is not big enough, the room needs a 6.5 foot fan, instead of a 5.5 foot.

I also have about 6 motons of rock to spread, and some sand to put in a couple of low spots....

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 am

Erin, I'd trade you in a heartbeat. I don't mind the back to school shopping, but I do hate to clean house.

Other than cleaning up the house all I'm doing is going on a mystery shop.
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 am

I LIKE cleaning, I HATE shopping.....if you could be here in an hour we could trade...Hot Topic frightens me.

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 am

I love both cleaning and shopping...lol Well all cleaning except for laundry...I hate that..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 am

I'm working all weekend. One good thing about that though is that I get to sleep through the hottest parts of the day and be awake at night when things cool down.

Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

View user profile http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:35 pm

edbson wrote:I LIKE cleaning, I HATE shopping.....if you could be here in an hour we could trade...Hot Topic frightens me.
LOL that cracked me up Razz My kids love Hot Topic. I am fine there, but they hate my dh to go there. He tries to be funny with the employees asking - "So, what is the hot topic these days?" They all scream - Dad! You can just hear how embarrassed they are lol!

kleenaechs
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:18 pm

edbson wrote:I LIKE cleaning, I HATE shopping.....if you could be here in an hour we could trade...Hot Topic frightens me.

If I lived closer I'd take you up on that! I kind of like clothes shopping, as long as I've got a little money budgeted for it. I'm even volunteering to take Caly's BFF shopping for her homecoming dress. She's cute as a button but doesn't know how to pick clothes that enhance it. I told her that if she'd pay for the dress, I'd take her to several different stores and find something at a good price that made her beautiful.
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm

I'd take any girl - even Bayley - just for the simple pleasure of shopping in a store for females.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:50 pm

ri, only if you like dropping serious money on T shirts with odd and strange things on them....she likes to shop at Hot Topic, almost exclusively. I forced her to go into Hollister and Abercrombie.

Done....thank god....sort of....
Still have to get jeans, undies, socks, bra's etc. She will need 5 sports bra's for athletics, one a day because she is a sweater, and I will make Kristin take her tomorrow to buy jeans

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:00 pm

One of the many things I have learned to love about homeschool, I don't need to shop for school clothes, supplies, backpacks, etc. I do need to buy JJ's math course, but I can borrow the other books from my sister who's daughter graduated homeschool last year, she has everything he needs. My homeschooling shopping will consist of a $39. math course and a $9. asvab test book course, that's it.

I also snagged myself a free perm today. Wynonna has been babysitting for a girl who's going through beauty school. She had her hair and her friends hair cut there today, turned out really nice. Anyway, the lady, Julie told Wynonna that she needs to do 4 perms, and she had 3 spots taken up and needed one more. It would be free, yes I know it would mean I am a sort of guinea pig, but I figure that she will get practice from the 3 other people she's scheduled to perm before me. Also it takes over $100. to get my hair permed at a beauty salon cause it's down to my waist. So I'll try it and see....I'm scheduled for the middle of next week for a spiral (but they don't like to call it that anymore, they call it a pig-tail perm) If she does a good job, then I am considering making an appointment in a couple weeks with her for a color $15. and if they do foils(highlights) it costs an additional dollar for every two foils...not bad
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:58 pm

BTW Lori, Zesty Peach BBQ sauce sounds delicious! I was thinking about trying my hands at homemade truffles, or homemade filled chocolates. Chocolate molds are so cheap, and I could get all the ingredients to mess around with trying different stuff for that around here, thus it would not be as expensive. It would be cool to make something different, but local to the area. Like chocolates with some type of blueberry, or rhubarb filling. Or even (believe it or not) rose. My SIL made her moms rose petal jelly and you know I thought it was going to taste like air freshener. The funny thing was, it tasted like rose but was sweet, it was kind of different and not at all unpleasant...but the cool thing about it is all of these different things aren't expensive..might be worth a try..
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:21 am

This coming weekend, Kris will be putting the home weight center together and I think I'll be wiping down JJ's walls and taping. I don't think I will get the whole room painted over the weekend. I could if I didn't have to cook, do laundry , etc. But I may be able to get half of it done.

I just remembered, tomorrow I get my free perm. I'm hoping it goes well..so ...everyone else's plans??
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Gardening- the weeds are beginning to be larger than some plants we have grown. Hubby needs to be doing some repair work on our chimney- loose bricks. Would rather run away from home, but too much to be done before fall.
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top