Well my day started out good.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Well my day started out good.

Post by aurora04 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Today was grading day for Ceilidh. She graded from primary with top marks into grade 1! So excited for her (and wondering where the time went at the same time, LOL). We then went for some grading day celebrations with breakfast and such. We then drove my mother home and spent the day with my parents since my father is only home every 3 weeks. Well we were just getting ready to leave when I heard Zach crying outside (he was with my father picking strawberries). I get to the door and he is still screaming. This is unusal for him anyway since he normally will not cry unless he is really hurt or really tired. I was so hoping for the later since he was exhausted. Well he wouldn't stop screaming on the drive and I was hoping he would fall asleep. He did fall asleep, but would wake up screaming. So we decided to take him to the ER to have it checked out. DH dropped us off since Ceilidh had her first soccer game and she couldn't miss that. After 3 hours, he has a buckle fracture. It could have been worse and an actual break and having to wear an actual cast for weeks. Instead he has a special fiber glass splint and that is wrapped in white medical tape. He needs to keep that on for 2 weeks and then he should be good to go! He was a real tropper! He was in a lot of pain and kept screaming/crying, but he sat still for the xrays, and enjoyed a ride in a wheel chair to the xray deptartment.

Just a little rave in this. The gentleman in front of us in triage asked if he was OK (he was asleep at this point), and then told us to go ahead of him. I thought that was so nice of him and so glad that there are still some nice people out there.
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Well my day started out good.

Post by thebigscott on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Oh poor Zach! I wonder how it happened? And wow, that was nice of the gentleman in front of you! I don't think I've ever seen someone do that in an ER.
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 pm

Oops. I missed the actual injury part (using a laptop that for whatever reason, keeps jumping around the post and I am having to delete and re-type alot and getting lost in what I have already typed and what I haven't). They were picking strawberries by their second driveway in the horse field (they no longer have horses tho), and Zach was reaching for a strawberry that was far away and he didn't listen to my father who said not to reach that far and to let him get the far away ones, and he fell down the hill. Apparently it was a nasty fall/roll. The hill is pretty steep, especially for a little guy. I am glad I didn't see the actual fall. I don't think I could have handled that.
aurora04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Poor guy. I bet the fall was scary.

I figured it was an injury like mine get all the time. They'll be playing and goofing off and nothing out of the ordinary seems to happen/ Then later in the day I see some huge cut or they start saying how bad it hurts and come to find out they have an actual ER visit injury but no one really knows when or how. My oldest got a cataract removed when he was five and the dr said it was from an injury and had been there for a long time. He asked, did he ever have a black eye. I said, sure. He's a boy. He's had about a dozen. We still have no idea how he got the injury.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Poor honey! What part of him is injured? Did I miss that?
What a nice guy in the ER, that was very sweet. And I agree, better to have not seen it, lol.

We went down the road to the neighbors on Sunday for a picnic/ playdate and they had a little plastic playhouse~ Rylan loved it... until he disturbed the yellow jackets that were hiding in that area somewhere and got stung 3 times on his forehead and once on his big toe. That was the first time, we watched him and he was okay. But he screamed, and I mean screamed for almost an hour. I was about ready to take him to the ER if he didn't stop. He turned out okay, the bridge of his nose was pretty swollen yesterday but it went down a lot today. We did have an incident with a bee earlier.... on the OUTSIDE of the window, he flipped right out.

Unfortunately I am afraid it will scare him away from the bees. My dad just got a few hives for him and the kids. Saige has her own little bee keeper suit and loves tending to them and having them crawl all over her. She has never been stung either. I doubt Rylan will have any interest in them at all for a very long time.

tara

Number of posts : 6833

View user profile http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:01 am

Poor Zach, OUCH! glad it wasn't more serious and he is on the mend.

Poor Rylan, Ouch!Bay started 1st grade with half her face swollen from a wasp sting, well several of them...

Xander spent the evening in the ER also, nursemaids elbow( Out of socket). Kristin took him to the park and some other kid grabbed his arm and pulled him off the play equipment....he screamed, alot. But it has been reduced, and he is happy now.

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:27 am

Kerosene works wonders on stings. Seriously. It's magic.

We pulled Zoe's arm out of socket one time trying to change her clothes. Some kids have looser joints than others.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:31 am

Yeah, bay's came out if you breathed on her, and her shoulder comes out at will. She can make it come out, it's kinda gross

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:31 am

The buckle fracture is in his left wrist. It is a pretty common fracture in kids apparently, and in 2 weeks he will be good. We had a pretty rough night as he woke up at 3:30 in pain and it took awhile for the tylenol to kick in to dull the pain (it doesn't take all the pain away unfortunetly). He didn't fall back to sleep until around 5ish. He is all ready to have his "special bandage" off. He doesn't understand time frames yet, so the 2 weeks will be a long 2 weeks for him.

I'm glad everyone else is OK!
aurora04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 am

Aww, poor guy! I'm glad he's ok though. Sam does things like that too though -- you'll tell him not to do something or be careful so that he doesn't get hurt, but he just has to try anyway!

Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

View user profile http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 am

My kids do that kind of thing all the time- Bow has a HUGE gooseegg on his forehead, with two little cuts- NO clue where they come from- And a cut on the side of his head that we are not sure of either...

Glad you got Zach to the er and it wasnt broken- this isnt great, but better than a break! poor thing. and at that age they dont understand why or what they cant do.

ACK tara! Brett came in the other day makin a fool of himself. About a wasp stinging him on his nose. he was acting such a fool that I thought he was kidding and was laughing. Come to find out- he had stuck his head under the house looking for a duck, and a wasp found him- right on the tip..

Erin, I can pop my hip in and out- it aint pretty- LOL but honestly, sometimes I have to, it will get in there wrong from walking or something and really start to hurt!

the worst Member of Group A
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

View user profile http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top