I have a yard boy LOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have a yard boy LOL

Post by bizzeedee on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:16 pm

It's gotten to the point where I don't like mowing in the heat and humidity... so we talked about a riding mower, but I told Chuck that we would also have to buy a shed to keep it in... talking 2,000+ for the two. He said we could hire some kid for $20 bucks a week for 100 weeks to mow for us. So contacted a young man who just graduated from HS last week to mow us... he's coming tomorrow.

I'll still do the edging... geesh, I need to feel a little part of the yard... Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't downpour tonight (we've had threat of rain all day and so far nothing, just high humidy). Thomas is coming in the morning, sometime, but he said he does another neighbors tomorrow morning as well... no problem, I told him, since I would be home all day... need to be here first day to show him property lines.

None the less, it's hard for me to give this up to someone else... I'll at least get to continue doing it in the cooler months, like April, then again Sept-Nov.... or maybe Oct-Nov... ya never know what the weather will bring. And Thomas will be starting college this fall, so we feel we're funding his education!

Heck, I'd love to make $20 an hour!
avatar
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Age : 70
Location : SW KY
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by Connie on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Nice! I would like to make $20 an hour too! I keep telling hubby he just needs to start his own company! He already mows half the neighborhood just to be nice.
avatar
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by bizzeedee on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 pm

I would glady pay any neighbor $20 to mow each week... but that ain't going to happen, just glad we can help out a soon to be college kid with some spending money... can you believe it, an 18 year old who actually WANTS to mow lawns?
avatar
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Age : 70
Location : SW KY
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by edbson on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:42 pm

I would gladly pay $20 a week, but around here they want $200 for a yard the size of mine....hence the riding mower, self propelled push mower, and the reason I had kids...The weedeater.

_________________
Erin
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
avatar
edbson
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 5916
Age : 47
Location : SE Texas / The edge of the earth
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by Rebecca1340 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 am

Maybe when he's done with your's he'd like to do mine?

_________________
Don't mind me, I'm just sharpening my pitchfork and lighting my torch
avatar
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Age : 40
Location : Ontario, Canada
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by bizzeedee on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:35 am

and he just took his shirt off Shocked ah to be 18 again!
avatar
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Age : 70
Location : SW KY
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by tara on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:44 pm

bizzeedee wrote:and he just took his shirt off Shocked ah to be 18 again!
Very Happy
avatar
tara
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 6833
Age : 37
Location : central ny
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by bizzeedee on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Crazy... Thomas edged, mowed and swept in exactly one hour... heck just mowing took me an hour, add another for the edging and sweeping!

He had done another lawn be ours so I said if he ran out of gas, let us know as we had just filled the gas can. He did run out, and said he'd bring his gas can down when he finished. I told him no way... We'd gladly buy gas for him every week to have this job taken off my list of things to do.

He's such a polite young man and I'm happy to know that he's going to the community college so won't be leaving town for the next two years! By then, my next door neighbor will be old enough to mow... and they have a riding mower! I have retired!
avatar
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Age : 70
Location : SW KY
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by trax on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Geez, I was wondering when the shirt would come off and of course, your reaction! Razz
avatar
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Age : 61
Location : British Columbia
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by bizzeedee on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Trax, he was glistening :-) Is if wrong for a 63 old women (but young at heart) to feel, well like a teenager LOL?
avatar
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Age : 70
Location : SW KY
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by trax on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Not at all. I, too, am young at heart - I always will be. I am not afraid to age, nor am I afraid to state my age. When folks ask me how old I am, I say - well, geez, I long since passed my bust size.

Age is a state of mind. Some folks want to get old and forget the 'glistening' factor. I am not in that category.

When you see the 'glisten' factor - let it shine! sunny
avatar
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Age : 61
Location : British Columbia
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by bizzeedee on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:30 pm

trax wrote:Not at all. I, too, am young at heart - I always will be. I am not afraid to age, nor am I afraid to state my age. When folks ask me how old I am, I say - well, geez, I long since passed my bust size.

Age is a state of mind. Some folks want to get old and forget the 'glistening' factor. I am not in that category.

When you see the 'glisten' factor - let it shine! sunny

Love the comments, especially age surpassing bust size..... what a hoot Smile
avatar
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Age : 70
Location : SW KY
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by agaphmou on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:54 am

bizzeedee wrote:It's gotten to the point where I don't like mowing in the heat and humidity... so we talked about a riding mower, but I told Chuck that we would also have to buy a shed to keep it in... talking 2,000+ for the two. He said we could hire some kid for $20 bucks a week for 100 weeks to mow for us. So contacted a young man who just graduated from HS last week to mow us... he's coming tomorrow.

I'll still do the edging... geesh, I need to feel a little part of the yard... Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't downpour tonight (we've had threat of rain all day and so far nothing, just high humidy). Thomas is coming in the morning, sometime, but he said he does another neighbors tomorrow morning as well... no problem, I told him, since I would be home all day... need to be here first day to show him property lines.

None the less, it's hard for me to give this up to someone else... I'll at least get to continue doing it in the cooler months, like April, then again Sept-Nov.... or maybe Oct-Nov... ya never know what the weather will bring. And Thomas will be starting college this fall, so we feel we're funding his education!

Heck, I'd love to make $20 an hour!

It's always nice to have eye-candy around,anyon here have a pool boy?? LOL
avatar
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Age : 49
Location : NY
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by trax on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 pm

'eye candy' love the term. No pool boy here, no pool. However, we have a creek and a 17 mile long lake. Several seasonal pool boy material flock in.

Yep, I think of Wisteria Lane Laughing
avatar
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Age : 61
Location : British Columbia
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by agaphmou on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Laughing
avatar
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Age : 49
Location : NY
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a yard boy LOL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum