does anuone elses dh do this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

does anuone elses dh do this?

Post by edbson on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:19 am

Ask if you are out of something while they are looking at the empty package?

Drives me nuts. I mean, really, if you are looking at an empty cereal box, butter tub, etc then chances are we are out of it.

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: does anuone elses dh do this?

Post by Lori on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:38 am

No, I get "do we have any more _____?" because I do sometimes stockpile.

What gets me is the rare occasion when he decides to cook or bake something. He'll say "Now what do I add?" Mad I have to bite my tongue before I remind him that it actually says what to add on the packaging somewhere. Don't make me come over there and read it TO you!

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Lori, I get the same thing from Caly on ANYTHING that has directions. She'll be holding the directions IN her hand and ask me what to do.
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 pm

I get things like "where is the milk? Umm where do most people keep the milk? Where do you normally find it? Or he can't find something that is right in front of his nose. I think men are just programmed to ask stupid annoying questions. IF I send him to the store for something, he will call six times to ask something dumb.

tara

Number of posts : 6833

View user profile http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:25 pm

No, but I do get the empty containers put back in the the cupboard or fridge and then the bewilderment that I didn't know we were out of it when I went shopping.

Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

View user profile http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:48 pm

I plan our menus every week. Usually Kris goes grocery shopping on his way home from work on Fridays, eliminating having to make an extra trip. However the problem I have is that if there is something on the list and he goes to get it and there are people in the way he won't tell them excuse me and grab whatever it is, he will simply walk away with the reasoning that he will go back and get whatever it is (which he forgets) or he just plain doesn't get it at all. For example, this last week Fri Kris went shopping after work, one of the meals on the menu was BLT's. Apparently there were a few people in front of the microwave bacon and he said he was going to get something else while waiting for them to move, and of couse he forgot to go back and check. Of course when I do go with him I will just say "excuse me" and get whatever it is. Hubbys excuse (in a way I can't blame him because I have seen it before) is that most of the time it's women that are standing in the way, Kris is a tall, big man and can be intimidating looking to someone who doesn't know him. Usually when a woman notices him standing behind them they look back at him like he's stalking them or something...or they act all paranoid, give him snotty looks and quickly walk away (like he's a freak or something). I have seen it a few times before when i've gone shopping with him and he's attempted to get certain things himself. SIL has told hubby (her own brother!) that if she saw him somewhere and he was standing behind her that she might be freaked out too...My hubby isn't that scary looking..lol he is quite tall, and he's 235 lbs, but he's always wearing dress shirts, pants and tie. He's always well groomed and never rude. So I've had to learn to always have an emergency meal or pick certain things that wouldn't be a huge deal if an ingredient was missing..lol but it still can be irritating sometimes..
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:05 pm

This morning Dh was standing in front of the breadbox asking if we were out of bread, and he does thia ALL the time....it is annoying

He is not allowed to grocery shop, I do it, and really, I only give him enough money for the basics anyway. He has enough for gas, a drink, lunch or whatever, but he spends entirely too much at the grocery, and never gets anything on the list.

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Sorry gals, not in my house.. since DH is our grocery shopper and main cook, he does it all an more.. meaning we usually have way more than we need, and never run out, but more often have too much LOL I guess ? I'm lucky. He can't resist a sale or a sale and a coupon!
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:37 am

Haha.. dh doesn't do that but dd does! She came in the other night after myself and katie were already in bed (around 10pm) and wanted to make brownies but we were out of butter... umm no I don't want you to go to the store and buy butter at bedtime.. and use my money.. I will go get milk and butter etc tomorrow.
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:20 am

Yes, I get it all the time.

I have a list ON the fridge, with a magnetic pen beside it. All I ask is if you take the 'backup' out of the fridge or freezer (I always have one we are using and one we use when its gone) - NOONE will!! EVER. then bitch when we are out.

and I dont let BR grocery shop, and prefer he not be with me. I walk around aimlessly at times, enjoying my shoppin Or used to- the kids make that impossible most days.

I get empty containers too. makes me so mad I could spit.

and yes, my kids will look at the box and ask me what to do next, but they are getting better. they make all myfondant and buttercream.

last night my kids were making mac and cheese (I stopped buying it over a year ago, except on occasion) they put the butter AND milk IN the water. I asked what the hell they were doing....

it turned out okay- but used twice the amount of milk and butter.. But I was flabbergasted, it was IDIOT proof. they have PICTURES!!! ON THE DAMN BOX!!

DUH!!

the worst Member of Group A
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

View user profile http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down