Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend..

Post by KellyM on Fri May 21, 2010 12:49 pm

It's gorgeous out there today and it supposed to be for the next week. I'm just a little bummed because hubby is scheduled for another Microsoft exam on Mon, so he will be studying all weekend. However I will be as optimistic as I can and am looking forward to popping some popcorn having a Smirnoff Ice and watching the next episode in the SyFy series Merlin tonight. Every week I wait all week until Friday to watch it...
What do all of you have planned for this weekend?
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend..

Post by thebigscott on Fri May 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Is Merlin any good? I keep meaning to watch it but I didn't notice it was on until they were most of the way through the season. I figured I'd start watching when they reair them.

My weekend plans are to clean house. We finally got all the wet clothes from our flooded basement washed and dried, but I haven't packed them all up yet because I want to sort them by size before sticking them back in storage. Also, we were so busy washing clothes before they mildewed that we put off all the run of the mill jobs like keeping up with the laundry and dishes. I'm hoping to have the house 80% clean by Sunday afternoon, take Sunday evening just to relax, and get it the rest of the way over the course of the week next week.

Caly's birthday party and the Schwan's houseparty are next weekend so I have something to motivate me to keep working.
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri May 21, 2010 1:23 pm

It's personal taste I guess Karen, but I like the Merlin series alot. A while back I caught the 1st season marathon, and was thrilled to see a few weeks ago that they were starting to air season 2. Netflix has season 1 in the instant queue, that's how my hubby has been watching it, because he didn't catch the marathon. After the first few shows, you end up hating Uther Pendragon (Arthurs father) and love Gaius, the court physician and Merlins confidante. Arthur in this series is a young man, with Merlin as his servant, Gweneviere as Morganas maidservant and Morgana as Uthers ward. Lancelot also makes appearances.. So it's a little different from most Camelot and Arthur stories, which I feel makes it more interesting.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Fri May 21, 2010 1:24 pm

I have 2 quilts that I need to piece backings for. And I have 2 other small sewing projects I'd like to try. One is for a zippered bag that you could use for just about anything, and the other is for some small grabbers that you use to pick up hot dishes fresh from the microwave. Hot pads are hard to use for that, they're too big. These grabbers have space for your fingers and your thumb, and the flex. Hard to explain.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Fri May 21, 2010 5:03 pm

have a Memeorial Service tomorrow midday, so that will take all day, and a Bday party Sunday. The party is 2-4, but it is 45 minutes away, and I HAVE to be home by 6 to watch LOST.
Thats my weekend in a nutshell

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trax on Fri May 21, 2010 6:17 pm

It is a long weekend here in Canada. Grandkids/family arriving later today, have a slow cooker supper for whenever they arrive. Visiting tomorrow - cooking a big huge ham for supper. Sunday is our bake sale. Monday, I'll rest.

Weather is on the side of cool, but it is not raining and no snow - yippee!

You all have a good weekend!
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri May 21, 2010 11:13 pm

St. Louis, or technically St. Charles. DH and I are going to a family gathering with Nephews & Niece/families... one Nephew & family moving to Boston for a job transfer. Will stop in Evansville on the way back Monday for my 'wine run' (so much cheaper in IN than KY).
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Fri May 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Karen, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you got flood damage from the storms that went thru.... what a mess, yeah? Nashville is still in dire straights. I just can't imagine how I would deal with that (losing everything).

Trax, sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead.

Erin, Lost on Sunday? I thought it didn't finish up until next week ? I don't watch it anymore but DH does. If it's on, they he better be taping it, cuz we won't be home are near a TV.

Lori, I like the idea of the idea of the hot pads for microwave grabbing.... I agree, potholds sometimes can be a pain in the butt.

Kelly, we don't get the SyFy channel, but if we did, I'm sure DH would be watching... and I'd eating the popcorn and reading a magazine LOL

Going to be a record breaking temp weekend here, we we got to 90 on Sunday... probably be just as hot (and humid) in St. Louis!
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM on Fri May 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Have a good time bizeedee..!

I did have popcorn and did enjoy watching Merlin. I did not however have a Smirnoff Ice. I was tired and sore from putting the patio set together, it's too hard to kneel on my bad knee and it was painful. Hubby had the day off, but was exhausted from coaching for Special Olympics most of the morning this morning from which he got a sunburn, then he picked up the patio set, then he went grocery shopping and still had to study for the Microsoft exam he is taking Monday. Neither one of us felt like running to the store for only a couple bottles of Smirnoff ice.
KellyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sat May 22, 2010 12:17 am

The 3 hour Season FInale is this sunday, at 7/6Central

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sat May 22, 2010 12:27 am

I will definitely remind DH to check the TV guide and set up for taping...
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Sat May 22, 2010 12:29 am

KellyM wrote:Have a good time bizeedee..!

I did have popcorn and did enjoy watching Merlin. I did not however have a Smirnoff Ice. I was tired and sore from putting the patio set together, it's too hard to kneel on my bad knee and it was painful. Hubby had the day off, but was exhausted from coaching for Special Olympics most of the morning this morning from which he got a sunburn, then he picked up the patio set, then he went grocery shopping and still had to study for the Microsoft exam he is taking Monday. Neither one of us felt like running to the store for only a couple bottles of Smirnoff ice.

Sounds like it was very active and physical day for both of you... maybe you just need to make a point of having some Smirnoff Ice on hand to save for days like today... sounds like you could both have used one Very Happy
bizzeedee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Sat May 22, 2010 2:51 am

bizzeedee wrote:Karen, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you got flood damage from the storms that went thru.... what a mess, yeah? Nashville is still in dire straights. I just can't imagine how I would deal with that (losing everything).

My damage wasn't from the storms. We just had a pipe spring a leak and didn't realize it. Scott's got the leak stopped temporarily, but he's going to have to dig down to where the pipe enters the house to fix it permanently.

While I was doing all that washing, I kept thinking of the poor folks who got hit by the real flood. I only had wet clothes to clean up. They had wet everything and no utilities during the clean up. And even those folks didn't get hit as hard as Erin did last year with the huricane. Even with all the hard work I was fortunate.
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top