My day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My day

Post by thebigscott on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Today was so nice. It was beautiful out and I got to hang my laundry out to dry instead of running the dryer. I used to hate doing that but Scott set me up a pully system so I can stand on the porch and watch the kids play while I'm working and it's really nice.

The kids all helped me clean house and that was such a blessing because it let me spend my time sorting through papers rather than washing dishes. We made great progress and I'm feeling really happy about that.

Finally, my MIL came over to see me. I'd called to tell her that a new nail salon had opened up in town. They were running sales on mainicures and pedicures. She's diabetic and getting a pedicure is a good way to keep an eye on her sensation in her feet. So she asked me if I wanted to come with her. She treated me to a manicure and pedicure. They had massage chairs to sit in during the pedicure and it felt so wonderful. My fingernails are really thin and flexible and drive me nuts. So when I was getting ready for the manicure the lady asked if I wanted acrylic nails. Turns out they were only $10 more than what I was getting so I decided to do it. I LOVE them. My nails feel so strong and thick. I think I want these forever.

Now Scott and I are getting ready to go for a drive to enjoy the last of the sunshine. This week is SO much nicer than last week, which was so much nicer than the week before. Sigh. I love life today.
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My day

Post by KellyM on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Sounds like you had a great day...good for you Smile !! We had a good day too, went to the local Home and Garden show..signed up for various doorprizes and bought some Bergamot scented homemade goatsmilk soap and date cookies from the Amish booth and some Scentsy bricks from another vendor. Then Kris and I went out to lunch and went to a couple local stores to look at patio furniture..it was a nice day..
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tara on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Sounds wonderful Karen, a little pampering is always nice. Acrylics are nice but they need to be filled in often, and can be hard as hell to remove and then it takes forever for your real nails to recover from them but they are SO pretty and way stronger than real ones.
tara

Number of posts : 6833

View user profile http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Acrylics and I didn't get along very well. I use my nails as tools way more than I ever realized. With acrylics it didn't even feel right when I tried to scratch my arm. I couldn't pick up change, couldn't pick off price tags. LOL I was a wreck. They are gorgeous and STRONG though, and I've had weak nails too, and really appreciated that part of it.

Hope you win a prize Kelly! My MIL always wins at our home show but I never have.

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:36 pm

I LOVE having acrylics, I wore them for years, even learned to do my own and they looked as good as the salon did them, I miss them sooo much, I kept them done weekly till I had bow, funny, I had time with 3 kids, but not 4. LOL
and I did everything, I still farmed, did the animals- all of it, they became a part of me, but your right Lori when you first get them, its wierd.. LOL

the worst Member of Group A
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

View user profile http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:20 pm

I watched them>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this morning, they are 8 months, while my friend and her DH went to see his Dad in the Hospital. He is doing much better today. The girlies and I get along well( I am kinda used to twins), but their 5 yo brother talks my ears off. This evenin we went over and BBQ'd with them, and probably drank 1 too many beers.

I have acrylic Overlays, my real nail is underneath, but they are SO long they split...I like them long and square. I get filled every 4-5 weeks, or do it myself. I love love love pedicures, and I am in desperate need of one but have not had time....I need to make time. Pedi's at the place I go to are only $18

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 am

My regular nails are so thin it's pitiful. If you took a straw and split it open, that's about how thin and flexible they are. I bite them, and for years I tried not to. Then I realized that I bite them because when they grow long they're always getting bent backwards on things and it's painful. They don't crack or break. They're flexible. But it hurts. So I started just trying to keep them clipped short. That usually works but if I forget then I find myself biting them again. The acrylics are so much nicer for me because I CAN do things like scrape at stuff. With my real nails I can't because they're so thin. My mom's used to be thin like this and my sister's too. But mine are the worst of the three.

Chelle, what stuff did you use to do them yourself? I'd love to keep having the acrylics but I'd feel guilty paying to have them done when we're so tight on cash. I think I could learn to do them myself. It didn't look too hard. At least, I think I could do it if I practiced it enough. But I don't know what I'd need to buy.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:51 am

Go to a Sally's or even wal mart sells the stuff. I use Solar powder and liquid, in pink and white....but Sally hansen makes one, and so does Tammy Taylor. the stuff to do them for 6-8 months is about $60....including files and fungicide.

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 am

Thanks! I think I'll do it once these grow out. I can do Caly's and she can do mine. Wink
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:45 pm

I took Bnut to the ER today, she was at a friends swining and hit her knee on the tree and bruised her Meniscus...she will only be off it for 2-3 days, but GEEZ.

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Ow! I bet she's not happy at all. But it's good that nothing's broken at least. Will she try to go to school on crutches? I always feel so sorry for the kids trying to navigate those crowded halls on crutches.

It's a lot cooler here today. Overnight lows are back in the 30's. We spent most of the day sorting and cleaning again. I went through all my fabric with the girls today and gave about a third of it to goodwill. I hate giving craft stuff up, but if I don't do it every now and then it would take over the house. I also finished sorting a huge box of papers. Tonight I'm gonna take a hot bath to wash off the grit and while I'm soaking I'll read some of the magazines that I'm getting ready to drop off at the doctor's office. I can multi-task with the best of them, LOL.
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 pm

She is going to try, but has no Dr note for the, so we'll see. It is cooler here too, and rained, but not enough. We need some, not alot.

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down