Off to Atlanta

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Off to Atlanta

Post by bizzeedee on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm

My Godson is getting married in Atlanta on Sat, so we're leaving tomorrow. I'm excited for several reasons... one seeing my BFF, mother of the groom... we've been friends for close to 50 years so will get to do a lot of visining with her. Then of course, there's Brian (her first born, well make that her first adopted child, her 2nd, adopted daugher, is my God Daughter and she got married just 2 years ago) and third, because I've not been to Atlanta since Delta Airlines flew me and a room mate down for an interview in 1967, and we both got jobs! And even then, all I saw was the airport and some shopping mall attached to the hotel they put us up in.

Actually, it could be the same one we're staying at. The hotel/convention center, is sort of attached to a mall. The wedding is a mile away, but the reception is at the hotel... so once we find our way back, we won't have to go get lost.

And on Sunday morning, having breakfast with BFF (Bonnie) and hubbie before they return to MI.

But we're sticking in GA... our nephew & wife live about 40 miles north, so going to their house for dinner... will head back home on Sunday night, staying somewhere along the way....

the the weather? My gosh, couldn't want for anything better, sun and not too hot !
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off to Atlanta

Post by Lori on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:54 am

It sounds like a great time. Enjoy a piece of wedding cake for me!

Castello Burger Blue
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:21 am

Have a great time!

Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

View user profile http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:01 am

Atlanta has a ton to do! Are you sightseeing as well as visiting? When Scott and I were there we stopped at several attractions. I loved a smaller natural history museum called Fernbank. No crowds or chaos like the more touristy Aquarium. Instead it was peaceful and beautiful.
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:50 pm

We did have a most enjoyable weekend... the wedding was beautiful.

No, no touring....except for the huge, huge multi level mall across the street from our hotel. Ate way too much, and nope, no cake. Oh they had a beautiful one, but I'm just not a cake person... but later on in the evening, they put out mini desserts, and I did help myself to 3 delictible nummies.

A very special touch (to me) was when we arrived at the church, one of the grooms men gave me (the Godmother) a corsage of 3 white roses... the Godfather (grooms Uncle on Dad's side) also got one.

The bride & groom are now settled in Honolulu.

On Sunday, we had a stellar time with our nephew and his wife and 2 boys... she loves cooking (healthy) and fixed us a wonderful dinner consisting of marinaded whole chickens which nephew grilled), a beautiful salad, grilled veggies (eggplant, summer squash) and the best part, seasoned grilled green tomato slices... as good or better (at least healthier) than fried green tomatoes... a real southern dish, which we love.

And for dessert, which she literally thru together before my eyes... Dump Cake... can of blueberries, can of pineapple, a box of yellow cake mix, a ton of pecans, and a stick of butter melted and poured over (cook as for regular cake directions).... OMG, was that good!

Left for home at 9 and even with an hours delay in TN due to an accident, were home by 3:30....

But know what? I never want to go back to Atlanta.... Traffic was horrible with crazy drivers zipping in and out of lanes.

when I up load my photos, will try to put them on photo bucket and make a link here... but last time I tried, didn't have much luck...
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down