HELP???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP???

Post by edbson on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 pm

OMG I need help.
We have to go to a wedding reception this weekend, and I have been searching for WEEKS for something, anything to wear....and I am clueless.
The invite says "informal reccception", so does that mean casual? semi formal? jeans and t shirts?

I did find 2 sun dresses that I Loved, but I am afraid it will be too cool to wear either. I was thinking Nice Capri's, Nice blouse, and flats, something kinda casual, but not flip flops.
I just hate sppending money on something I will never wear again, and I now have 6 outfits that I am not even sure about.....but I have receipts.

Help? anyone? TIA

Just pee on it and walk away
[b]
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HELP???

Post by thebigscott on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Around here that would mean casual, but not jeans and a t. I think you're on the right track with the sun dresses or the capri's and blouse and flats. Maybe it will be warm enough for one of the dresses with a sweater that you already own.

I'm just like you on buying clothes for an event. I hardly ever have the need to dress up so it seems stupid to buy new stuff that won't get worn again. Maybe you could borrow something from a friend rather than buy new? Or go in with a friend on an outfit that you both like so that she can wear it to the next event? Caly and I do that with shoes. Since we have the same shoe size I borrow her dress shoes rather than buy ones that I'll never wear again.
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm

I could raid my Aunts closet, but her stuff is usually very dressy...and has boobs.

Thanks, I think I will go with the Capri's and flats....and a top. I saw some yesterday I liked, will get one when I bring back these dresses.

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 pm

capris and blouse and flats sound good to me. I'm going thru the the same thing.

Godson is getting married in Atanta mid April. (where it could be 70+ degrees but I'm always cold in AC)... I've been shopping and so frustrated... I either find Mother of the Bride type dresses, or dresses made for 20 year olds.... or if when I do find something approprate, not in my size. OR, if I look for separates, ie a skirt and blouse. the skirt is ankle or need length... I'm thinking tea length (mid shin)

If I'm going t buy something, I want it to be something I'll have other uses to wear.... locally, which doesn't include weddings...

Just GRR Feeling your frustrations Erin !
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:37 am

My current pet peeve about clothes is sleeve length. All the stores were selling 3/4 length sleeves during the winter. When it's cold out, I want my wrists sticking out. I ended up just wearing the same few long sleeved sweaters that I already owned. I wore them so much I'm sick of them and will probably give them to Goodwill as soon as I'm sure winter is actually over.
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

View user profile http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:35 am

MY problems is that Clothing Manufacturers assume that if you wear a size 6 you are 7 feet tall. I am 5 1 1/2 on a good day... The ONLY place I can buy jeans is Sears, they sell Short Short length, but it really peeves me to spend $45 on one pair of jeans.

Jeans are also all super low rise, or my favorite " too super low". I have no problems with low rise, and I do wear them, but seriously, I don't want my butt showing.

I raided my friends closet yesterday, and her tastes run, um, to showing alot more skin than I am willing to show on a Saturday afternoon. So, off I go again

[b]
edbson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down